An INDIGO Opportunity: Call for Experts on Indian STI policy and cooperation
INDIGO Policy is seeking for an expert to provide analytic support to the project.
In the framework of the INDIGO POLICY project, the coordinator Centre for Social Innovation (ZSI GmbH) is looking for an STI expert to be implemented in the analysis work package. This WP deals with critically assessing the STI cooperation between Europe and India.
The offers for this tender have to be submitted until 22.2.2015 in electronic format to Mr. Ivan Zupan (Research associate at the Centre for Social Innovation), at email@example.com
Bilateral EU-India cooperation
The EU-India Agreement on scientific and technological cooperation concluded in 2001 and renewed in 2010, is the cornerstone of our research and innovation cooperation with India. Since 2007 several coordinated calls for proposals have been implemented in a variety of areas such as computational materials science, food and nutrition research, solar energy research and water related challenges, with a total budget of EUR 60M co funded by India and the EU. In addition Indian researchers participate actively in the Framework Programme through the general opening mechanism. There are 135 FP7 on-going projects with such Indian participation
Coordination of EU/Member States activities towards India
Within the Strategic Forum for International Science and Technology Cooperation (SFIC), the Member States and European Commission have been working since 2009 on an India pilot initiative on water and bio-resources related challenges. This pilot initiative maps on-going initiatives between the EU, individual MS and India, identifying common priorities and preparing coordinated actions towards India. It also led to a joint EU-India call of EUR 32M in the field of water and bio-resources related challenges.
Joint Declaration on Research and Innovation
This policy development process has led to the signature of the Joint Declaration on Research and Innovation signed by the Trade Commissioner, Karel De Gucht on behalf of the European Union and Ashwani Kumar, Minister of State for Science & Technology for India at the EU-India Summit of 10 February 2012.
The Joint Declaration signed at the Summit is about "Moving up a gear in our cooperation towards building an 'Indo-European Research and Innovation Partnership' with (i) larger scale, scope and impact, (ii) focus on common societal challenges, and (iii) enhanced synergies between India, the EU and its Member States".
EU/MS-India Ministerial meeting 1 June 2012
Following on the Joint Declaration signed at the EU-India Summit in February 2012, Ministers of Research from the Presidency Trio, Commissioner Geoghegan Quinn and the Indian Minister for Research Deshmukh met in Brussels on 31 May 2012 to step up efforts to implement the Indo-European Partnership for Research and Innovation. They agreed on a Brussels communiqué which called for i) jointly define the scope and develop a Strategic Research " Innovation Agenda - a White Paper, ii) Establish a Group of Senior Officials (GSO) and iii) setting up an industry-driven India-Europe stakeholder group for research and innovation.
- New INDIGO ERA-NET is a consortium of European and Indian S&T organisations involved in promoting research cooperation between Europe and India. It is intended to strengthen the international dimension of the European Research Area (ERA) and to provide a gateway to European S&T for Networking with the Indian S&T Community.
- EU-India S&T Cooperation Portal - This portal created at the initiative of the New-INDIGO ERA-NET project, provides access to the key multilateral support projects and initiatives on EU-INDIA S&T Cooperation.
- India GATE - Promoting EU-India S&T Cooperation, providing information about funding opportunities available in India open for European organisations.
- BILAT EUINEC - Facilitating EU-India S&T cooperation by increasing awareness among Indian and European stakeholders about cooperation opportunities through information and capacity building activities.
- India SI House project undertakes an ambitious feasibility study for the establishment of an EU-India Joint House for Science and Innovation. It is exploring the political will to build up a sustainable ST&I cooperation, the legal framework and tools as well as the scientific will and priorities in both regions.
- EURAXESS Links India is an information and networking tool for European researchers, scientists, and scholars working in or commuting to India. This multidisciplinary network includes members at all stages of their careers. It allows them to connect with each other and with Europe, ensuring that they are recognized as an important resource for European research, whether they remain in India or return to Europe.
- INDO MARECLIM project - The project aims at promoting the opening up of bilateral joint research facilities to participation of researchers from other EU Member States and Associated Countries in the areas of monsoon climate variability, marine ecosystems and coastal management including impact on society.
- FP7 Projects with Indian participation 2.5 MB - this catalogue provides an overview of FP7 projects launched in the period 2007-2013 with participation of Indian institutions.
- Success stories: selection of good practices projects with active Indian participation.
DG Research and Innovation
Policy Officer - R&I Relations with India
Unit RTD C1
Tel: (+32) 229 51297