|"The formulation and implementation of S&T strategies by China and the EU have presented a significant opportunity for both sides to further strengthen cooperation and collaboration."
Read full text
Chinese Minister of Science & Technology
|"The European Union and China have a rich history of cooperation and dialogue, and this year stands as another shining example of our fruitful relationship."
Read full text
European Commissioner for Science & Research
17-18 January 2007, London (UK)
Mapping the new geography of science
Where policymakers, business leaders, scientists and opinion formers from across Asia, Europe and the US will gather to debate the new geography of science.
- 14-17 November 2007, Shanghai, China
- Challenge Bibendum 2007
- 'Challenge Bibendum' is a yearly scientific and technical event, kown as the premier clean and safe vehicle event in the world, where industry, policymakers, researchers and media can review the latest technologies, debate policies and share their visions.
- 4-7 October 2007, , in several European cities and regions and in Brussels for the plenary session
- Second China-Europa Forum
- Bringing together instigators of change in both societies, allowing them to share their points of view, express what they expect from each other and open up leads for impelling cooperation.
- DG RTD will co-sponsor the workshop on "Scientists and Experts" to be held on 4 and 5 October 2007 at the Joanneum Research Forschungsgesellschaft mbH, Institute of Technology and Regional Policy, Sensengasse 1, A-1090 Vienna, Austria.
- 17-19 September 2007, Barcelona, Spain
- 13th European Congress on Biotechnology
- The Congress will focus on addressing the great challenges to humanity through the crucial theme of Symbiosis
- August 21 Ė September 3, 2007, Royal Flemish Academy of Belgium for Science and the Arts, Palace of Academies, Rue Ducal 1, Brussels, Belgium
- Euro-ChinAquaNet cooperation
- The ASEM Aquaculture Platform is a multi-stakeholder platform for dialogue, networking and continued coordination concerning sustainable aquaculture between EU and Asia.
Agenda of the Academic Session and Press Conference (31 August 2007)
(PDF 50 KB)
- June 27-28, 2007, Italian National Institute of Health (ISS), Viale Regina Elena 299, Rome, Italy
- SINO-EUROPEAN CONFERENCE ON TRADITIONAL CHINESE MEDICINE (TCM): International Cooperation and Perspective in Science and Technology
- EU-China Research, cooperation, development and perspectives in TCM
- - Programme (PDF 288 KB)
- April 25-27, 2007, CIMNE, Barcelona, Spain
- Modelling, Simulation, Experimentation and Design in Aerospace Engineering
- To identify and implement future collaboration between Europe and China for the solution of multidisciplinary design problems in aeronautics
- Announcement (PDF 103 KB)
- Agenda (PDF 251 KB)
- 26-29 March 2007, Helsinki Fair Centre (Finland)
- Northern Europe's Largest Nanotechnology Event
- Over 40 speakers in 16 sessions, plus an exhibition and extensive partnering program
- 22 March 2007, Madrid (Spain)
- Anticipating a Science & Technology-oriented China
- Concept Note (PDF 22KB) and Agenda (PDF 17 KB)
- Friday 26th January 2007, Leicester University (UK)
- EU-Asia East Midlandís cooperation event
- A consortium of East Midlandís business support and economic development organisations are holding a flagship EU-Asia cooperation event
December 6-8, 2006
China Europa 2006 (Le Havre, Normandy, France)
1st Business Convention dedicated to industrial partnerships between China & Europe.
8-9 November 2006, Oslo (NOR)
Conference in Oslo “the globalisation of knowledge: perspectives on China – national and European collaboration with China in Science & Technology”
Organised by the Research Council of Norway - website address awaited
October 12-17, 2006
A joint EU-China exhibit on S&T co-operation at the Shenzhen High Tech Fair.
A workshop on a transversal issue in relation with the EU-China cooperation such as on IPR issues could be organised.
October 11, 2006
Official launch of the China-EU Science & Technology Year and the Science Policy Forum: “Cooperation for sustainable mutual benefit”
Key documents, speeches and presentation