International Cooperation - Programme Outline
Council Decision: Official Journal L 334 of 22.12.1994
Duration: 23.11.1994 - 31.12.1998
EU contribution: ECU 575 million
Aims: To add value to Community RTD activities and improve the Community's scientific and technological base through targeted cooperation beyond the EU.
Better coordination of cooperation between Member States and third countries, to avoid overlaps.
The programme covers the whole of Europe, including the independent states of the former Soviet Union, the non-European industrialized countries and the developing countries.
Previous programmes: Science and Technology for Development (1987-91), Life Sciences for Developing Countries (1991-94), International and Scientific Cooperation, APAS, PECO-COPERNICUS
|Areas of research||Budget breakdown (%)
|A. Scientific and technological cooperation in Europe
1. Cooperation with other fora for European scientific and technological cooperation (COST, EUREKA, international organizations)
2. Cooperation with the countries of central and eastern Europe and with the new independent states of the former Soviet Union
|B. Cooperation with non-European industrialized countries
|C. Scientific and technological cooperation with the developing countries
1. Sustainable management of renewable natural resources
2. Sustainable improvement of agricultural and agro-industrial resources
|Type of support:
- Shared-cost contracts
- Concerted actions
- Accompanying measures (studies, seminars, conferences, training, etc.)
INTERNATIONAL COOPERATION | 17.02.2000