EU-funded researchers have assisted in the development of China's first commercial passenger plane by applying data mining concepts that overcome the challenge of working with limited and incomplete information.
Dedicated Information session for ESFRI RIs and ERICs on EOSC and long-term sustainability of Research Infrastructures
The European Commission organized a dedicated information session to clarify specific topics of the Horizon 2020 RI Work Programme calls, namely on the European Open Science Cloud and Long-term sustainability.
The event was held on the 27th November at the Auditorium Karel Van Miert.
The programme comprised 2 sessions:
- Session 1 covered the EOSC Governance, national initiatives and interface, as well as the technical development
- Session 2 focused on the long term sustainability of RIs and the Individual Support to ESFRI and other world-class research infrastructures
- 1. European Cloud Initiative: implementation status
- 2. European Open Science Cloud
- 3. RI Work Programme 2018-2020- Part 4: Research Infrastructures (including e-Infrastructures) Session 2 :
- 4. Long-term sustainability of Research Infrastructures - A European call for action
- 5. RI Work Programme 2018-2020 - INFRADEV-03-2018-2019 Individual support to ESFRI & OWCRI
Horizon 2020 Work Programme 2018-2020 – part. 4. European Research Infrastructures (including e-Infrastructures) - Published
The Work Programme 2018-2020 for Research Infrastructures Part has been published.
6 calls and 15 topics are foreseen for the period 2018-2019. Further actions for 2020 are listed but not developed in details. The estimated total budget is more than EUR 1.200 million over the three years.
The calls will address:
- The long term sustainability of pan European Research Infrastructures
- The implementation of the European Open Science Cloud
- The integration and opening of Research Infrastructures of European interest
- The European data Infrastructure
- The translation of Open Science into Open Innovation
- The policy and international cooperation measures for Research infrastructures
RICH Information Day on RIs WP 2018-2020
Brussels, 30 November 2017
RICH, the network of National Contact Points for Research Infrastructures, in cooperation with the European Commission's Research and Innovation Directorate-General, will organize an Information Day on Thursday 30 November 2017 in Brussels to support the preparation of proposals.
The aim of the day will be to inform potential participants in the new Work Programme 2018/2020 and to offer some unique opportunities for networking.
11-12 October 2018, Amsterdam, Netherlands - STEMM Equality Congress