H2020 Information Day on Research PPPs' 16-17 December 2013
Information Days on the Research PPPs
on Factories of the Future, Energy-efficient Buildings,
Green Vehicles and Sustainable Process Industry
Brussels, 16-17 December 2013
Please click on image to enlarge and see details
© European Union, 2013
More pictures from the Audiovisual Services
"Investing in research and innovation, is investing in our future"
(Neelie Kroes, 17 December 2013)
These contractual "PPPs will have a substantial impact on the competitiveness of the EU industry, on sustainable economic growth and the creation of new high-skilled jobs in Europe."
(Maire Geoghean Quinn, said in a statement, 17 December 2013)
For the first PPP calls under Horizon 2020, Information Days were organised on 16-17 December 2013 in Brussels, to support preparation of proposals. More than 800 participants from the public and private sectors, in the EU and beyond, attended.
Among the different presentations:
- a report on the assessment of the first PPPs from the Research Recovery Package - Factories of the Future, Energy-efficient Buildings and Green Cars - and a presentation on the Future Internet PPP
- overview on the implementation in H2020 of the eight (4 renewed and 4 new) PPPs.
In the afternoon of 16 December 2013, the EC provided information on the first PPP research topics under Horizon 2020 and participants could present their project ideas. The event also provided plenty of opportunities for networking.
On 17 December 2013, the 8 Public Private Partnerships were signed by European Commissioner for Research, Innovation and Science Máire Geoghegan-Quinn and by Vice President Neelie Kroes, Commissioner responsible for the Digital Agenda, and representatives of the 8 PPPs :
- European Factories of the Future Research Association (EFFRA) : Maurizio Gattiglio, Chairman of EFFRA and Executive Vice President at PRIMAINDUSTRIE and Massimo Mattucci, Co-Chairman of EFFRA and Senior Corporate Vice President at COMAU.
- Energy Efficient Buildings A.I.S.B.L :Emmanuel FOREST, Chairman of E2BA and Deputy CEO at BOUYGUES
- The European Green Vehicles Initiative Association (EGVIA) : Wolfgang Steiger, Chairman of EGVIA and Director of Powertrain Research for the Volkswagen Group
- Association A.SPIRE A.I.S.B.L.: Klaus Sommer, President of A.SPIRE and Head at BAYER Technology Services, Customer and Product Management and Lionel Platteuw, Vice-President of A.SPIRE and Executive Director of EUnited
- Photonics 21 Association : Giorgio Anania, Board Member and President & CEO Aledia and Bernd Schulte Board Member and Executive Vice President at COO Aixtron
- Eurobotics A.I.S.B.L.: Bernd Liepert, President of euRobotics and Chief Technology Officer at KUKA AG
- ETP4HPC Association: Philippe Vannier, Chairman of ETP4HPC and CEO at Bull and Sanzio Bassini, Vice Chairman of ETP4HPC and Director of Cineca
- 5G Infrastructure Association: Hossein Moiin, Board Representative of the 5G Association and Executive Vice President Technology and Innovation at Nokia Solutions & Networks and Marcus Weldon, Board Representative of the 5G Association and Corporate CTO & President of Bell Labs at Alcatel-Lucent
The European Commission now looks forward to the implementation of the eight Public-Private Partnerships and invites for research proposals with a first submission deadline of 20 March 2014.
More information :
Public-Private Partnerships in FP7 – From research to market : a response to European industry and societal needs