Health and Biotechnology
Relevant calls for research proposals launched during the first years of FP7:
- Highly porous bioactive scaffolds controlling angiogenesis for tissue engineering
- Advanced implants & bioactive materials for critical organs
- Biomimetic gels and polymers for tissue repair
- Standard scaffolds for rational design of bioactive materials for tissue regeneration
- Nanotechnology-based systems for molecular diagnostics and imaging
- Detailed information on related platform is available on CORDIS web site.
- Regeneration of tissue using biocompatible materials and cells.
Food, agriculture & fisheries, biotechnology programme
- Legumes as biofuels, green chemicals and new materials.
- Meeting industrial requirements on wood raw-materials quality and quantity
- Novel marine bioactive compounds - screening marine animals and plants for new compounds, identifying their bioactive characteristics.
- Biomass from micro- and macro-algae for industrial applications. Using algae or algal products as an alternative to fossil raw materials for fuels and/or industrial products
- Biomass pre-treatment for optimised biomass deconstruction and analytical characterisation
- Nanobiotechnology: functionalised membranes based on nanobiotechnology approaches with predictable and controllable properties, in particular composition and physico-chemical structures, which could be used as industrial or environmental membranes
- Advanced and Starting grants in Biomaterials & Medical Implants for a total of ~25M€
- Exploring the physics of small devices; Regenerative medicine