What is the EU doing to help us understand volcanoes and volcanic activity?
Below are some links to a few pages on the Research web site, and some external project sites, where you can find out more. Don't forget you can also search the site by simply typing your search word into the search box above!
- The EVOSS project (European Volcano Observatory Space Services)
- Research in volcanoes and their wider impact funded by the European Research Council (special feature published in April 2010)
- Research infrastructures related to volcanoes
- Natural hazards research, including volcanoes
- Natural hazards projects page
- Specific projects on volcanoes
- VOLUME and VOLUME TTC:
Volcanoes: Understanding sub-surface mass movement and Extension
VOLUME and VOLUME TTC Web site
Mitigate and Assess risk from Volcanic Impact on Terrain and human Activities
MIAVITA Web site
- NOVAC and NOVAC TTC:
Network for Observation of Volcanic and Atmospheric Change and Extension
NOVAC and NOVAC TTC Web site
- VOLUME and VOLUME TTC: Volcanoes: Understanding sub-surface mass movement and Extension
- Research Information Centre - Hot Topics - Volcanoes: short videos and articles
- What is Europe Doing? - Volcanic Eruptions: easy-to-read summaries of some older projects
- CRYSTAL2PLATE. How does plate tectonics work: from crystal-scale processes to mantle convection with self-consistent plates.
(CRYSTAL2PLATE is a training and career-development platform for scientists in Geodynamics, Geochemistry, Petrology, Fluid Mechanics and Seismology.)