Events earlier this year
Events 1-4 of 7 – Page:
2nd GRF One Health Summit
17-20 November 2013, Davos, Switzerland
Following a very successful launch of the first GRF One Health Summit in February 2012, GRF Davos is pleased to announce the 2nd GRF One Health Summit 2013 which will take place from 17 - 20 November 2013 at the Davos Congress Centre in Davos, Switzerland.
The 2nd GRF One Health Summit will further explore, advance and agree on the need for a global integrative risk management approach for One Health. Furthermore, the conference will identify ways to achieve added value by multi-sectorial and multi-stakeholder cooperation and promote enhanced public-private partnership models for risk-based financing tools.
The findings of the conference shall be used to make recommendations on policy and organisational changes and stimulate a more efficient collaboration between stakeholders. Registration and Abstract Submission are open now.
Submit your abstract today and present at the 2nd GRF One Health Summit 2013. We encourage you to explore our website and get further information on the One Health concept and the 2nd GRF One Health Summit.
International Conference on Corporate Sustainability and Eco-Innovations
18-19 November 2013, Warsaw, Poland
The conference will bring together scholars from a variety of disciplinary and methodological perspectives interested in advancing research on corporate sustainability and eco-innovation. It should provide a forum for business and academics to grapple with some of the most pressing problems facing businesses all over the world, and the new horizons coming from business to fill a wide range of expectations concerning sustainable development and eco-innovation.
Science for the Environment 2013
3-4 October 2013, Aarhus, Denmark
The conference's purpose is to provide input to the European Commission on the future research needs in Horizon 2020. We are calling for abstracts within the three major themes:
- Climate action: mitigation and adaptation
- Resource efficiency: natural resources, ecosystems, raw materials
- Green economy: eco-innovation
Why should you attend?
- To show how your field of research can support solutions of the grand challenges facing society
- To help shape the future European Research Agenda in Horizon 2020
- To meet potential partners for future Horizon 2020 calls
The Conference is being organised by Aarhus University together with the Partnership for European Environmental Research (PEER).
Environment and Health – Bridging South, North, East and West
19-23 August 2013, Basel, Switzerland
The ISEE (International Society for Environmental Epidemiology), ISES (International Society of Exposure Science), and the ISIAQ (International Society of Indoor Air Quality and Climate) invite you to the 2013 conference in Basel, hosted by the Swiss Tropical and Public Health Institute (SwissTPH).
The conference aims at presenting recent scientific achievements in the field of exposure science and environmental health from all relevant disciplines and covering a broad range of topics.
It is the place where scientists from all continents will meet. This is the first-ever joint conference of three leading scientific societies dedicated to improving public health.
The conference will feature – among other issues – the following key topics:
Assessing exposure to indoor and ambient air pollution, noise, chemicals, toxic waste and electromagnetic fields and evaluating long term health impact
- Methodological challenges for global environmental epidemiology
- Environmental risks in the context of rapid urbanization in resource-poor settings
- Environmental susceptibility and resilience due to genes, co-morbidities, and socio-cultural and socio-economic factors
- Life course environmental epidemiology
- Linking science and policy through impact assessment
- Indoor and outdoor environmental interventions to improve health
- Water, sanitation and health linkages
- Linkages between agriculture, environment and diseases of poverty
Effect of climate change and climate variability on environment and health
- Health impacts of natural resources development and management (e.g. extractive industry, water-resource developments)
Events 1-4 of 7 – Page: