Events earlier this year
You are here: Events > 2013 > Science with and for Society
Last update: 23 April 2015
Events 1-4 of 11 – Page:
INFuture2013: Information Governance
6-8 November 2013, Zagreb, Croatia
The Future of Information Sciences (INFuture) is a series of biannual international conferences aimed at researchers and professionals from the broad field of information and communication sciences and related professions. The objective of the conference is to provide a platform for discussing both theoretical and practical issues in information organization and information integration.
Under the high auspices of the President of the Republic of Croatia, Professor Ivo Josipović, Ph.D.
INFuture2013: Information Governance : Deadline for papers: 1 September 2013. We also invite EU projects to organise a workshop or dissemination project results, relevant to the indicated topics, through the INFuture2013 conference. INFuture publication is indexed by EBSCO.
The EU Horizon 2020 Programme and Teaming for Excellence in the European Research Area
17-18 October 2013, Prague
International conference to launch the Horizon 2020 programme entitled "The EU Horizon 2020 Programme and Teaming for Excellence in the European Research Area" (H2020-TEER), as its title suggests, will act not only on the structure of the program, but also the involvement of Czech research teams in collaboration with teams of excellent European research centers.
Science for the Environment 2013
3-4 October 2013, Aarhus, Denmark
The conference's purpose is to provide input to the European Commission on the future research needs in Horizon 2020. We are calling for abstracts within the three major themes:
- Climate action: mitigation and adaptation
- Resource efficiency: natural resources, ecosystems, raw materials
- Green economy: eco-innovation
Why should you attend?
- To show how your field of research can support solutions of the grand challenges facing society
- To help shape the future European Research Agenda in Horizon 2020
- To meet potential partners for future Horizon 2020 calls
The Conference is being organised by Aarhus University together with the Partnership for European Environmental Research (PEER).
Hystera Launch Seminar
3 October 2013, Brussels
The European Commission's Joint Research Centre (JRC) and the University of Bergen (NO) will give jointly a half day seminar on the important lessons to be learned for research policy from the history, philosophy and sociology of science.
The objectives of the seminar are:
• to present the historical developments that permitted the fundamental assumptions to come to life and to governing,
• how to integrate and adapt them in our modern reality,
• how to organize the European Research Area (ERA) in the light of the past experience.
If interested in participating, please send an e-mail to the scientific responsible for the event, Mr Daniel Albrecht at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Events 1-4 of 11 – Page: