30 September 2013, Frankfurt, Germany
ACEM-Rail is a FP7 project for Automated and Cost Effective Maintenance for RAILway. This workshop is organised by ACEM-Rail consortium into the European Transport Conference (ETC2013). The main objective of the ACEM-Rail workshop is to present the final results achieved in ACEM-Rail project and to serve as a discussion forum for researchers and professionals who are interested in the railway maintenance field.
The ACEM-Rail special session will take place on Monday, September 30, divided into two sessions:
- Session 1: ACEM-Rail Instrumentation (10:30-12:30)
- Session 2: ACEM-Rail Infrastructure Management System (13:30-15:30)
27-29 September 2013, Sitges (Barcelona)
This workshop will present cutting edge developments in rapidly developing fields such as beta cell programming, regeneration, epigenetics, non-coding RNAs, and genetic targets in Type 2 diabetes. It is a continuation of very successful meetings on related topics in Helsinki (2003) El Perello (2006), Peebles (2009), and Helsingor (2011).
We are happy to announce a panel of outstanding speakers, and hope to attract exciting oral presentations and poster discussions. The event will take place in Sitges, a priviliged seashore venue 34 Km south of Barcelona, immediately after the EASD annual meeting.
25-27 September 2013, Nice, France
World e-ID Congress has become in eight years a key event gathering over 350 e-ID programs managers, government officials and technology experts around world’s major e-ID projects, policies trends and latest innovations. In 2013 the conference will strengthen its key features to help the participants to succeed in their e-ID plans: exploring further the most significant e-ID projects worldwide (20 countries scanned in 2012), highlighting best practices and concrete solutions, discussing worldwide policies, technology and market dynamics.
2013 conference highlights:
– Global approach reinforced with specific sessions on Africa and the emerging countries thanks to the partnership with the World Bank,
– Stronger focus given to the mobile ID applications and deployments by governments, enterprises and banks,
– With contactless at the heart of next generation e-ID, the conference will also benefit from the synergies of the co-located "NFC World Congress". The new "M2M Innovation World Congress" also co-located will add more content and networking opportunities,
– More interactive panels on hottest topics, e.g. on harmonization of policies, cross border issues, travel document vs. mobile ID with smartphones, etc.
26-27 September 2013, Seville
The 4th European Conference on Corporate R&D and Innovation (CONCORDi-2013) will focus on "Financing R&D and innovation for corporate growth in the EU: Strategies, drivers and barriers". It will take place from 26 to 27 September 2013 at the premises of the JRC’s Institute for Prospective Technological Studies (JRC-IPTS) in Seville, Spain. The two-day programme will address the financial challenges affecting the link between innovation and growth of European companies.