Events earlier this year
You are here: Events > 2012 > Innovation Union
Last update: 30 April 2015
Events 9-12 of 16 – Page:
Innovation @ DIT - Where Science Meets Industry
19 June 2012, Dublin, Ireland
The event will be focusing on:
• New Materials and Technologies (including nanotechnology, photonics, inorganic pharma and nanomaterials)
• Information and Media Technologies (including antennas, digital media and electrical power)
• Environment & Health (including food, pharma, sustainability and radiation science)
and highlighting all the quality work being undertaken in these fields to an invited audience of industry, funding bodies, media, professional associations and other organisations.
There will also be presentations on funding opportunities and technology offers running in parallel to the exhibition.
Week of Innovative Regions in Europe 2012 (WIRE2012)
4-5 June 2012, Krakow, Poland
The conference will focus on smart regional development based on knowledge and innovation. WIRE2012 will address main current issues related to the effective implementation of the Innovation Union at regional level for the next period 2014-2020, through three main thematic pillars:
- Innovative regions in the Horizon 2020 will investigate the role of regions in smart specialisation, the role of cities as innovation hubs, and regional innovation ecosystems within Horizon 2020;
- Stairway to Excellence will focus on the future of research and innovation at the regional level, on synergies between Horizon 2020 and the Cohesion Policy, and on smart specialisation in convergence regions and Centres of Excellence;
- Networking for ERA at Regional Level will discuss the European Territorial Cooperation, networks of clusters, European Groupings of Territorial Cooperation, networks of research infrastructure and Multiregional Knowledge Partnerships (e.g. Danube, Baltic)
Participation in the Conference is free of charge, but pre-registration is required.
Science in Dialogue - Towards a European Model for Responsible Research and Innovation
23-25 April 2012, Odense, Denmark
Follow the conference live via web streaming from 13.30 on 23 April.
The Danish Presidency of the European Council invites research institutions, representatives from businesses and NGO’s, policymakers and civil servants to come together at the conference ‘Science in Dialogue’ to discuss the relationship between research, innovation and the wider society.
‘Science in Dialogue’ will focus on how a strengthened relationship between science, innovation and society may be realized in the future. The conference will present high-level speakers and draw upon the participants’ ideas, opinions and suggestions in an interactive conference format.
European Innovation Partnership on Active and Healthy Ageing: From Plan to Action
3 April 2012, Brussels
The Conference "European Innovation Partnership on Active and Healthy Ageing: From Plan to Action" will be opened by Vice-President Neelie Kroes and Commissioner John Dalli. The Steering Group of the pilot Innovation Partnership, the European Commission and a plethora of stakeholders in the field of active ageing will together discuss how to move from the planning phase - delivered with the Strategic Implementation Plan - to implementing concrete actions.
Events 9-12 of 16 – Page: