30-31 May 2012, Harnack House, Berlin, Germany
ICT, components and smart systems have been essential for a multitude of recent innovations in road mobility. They are expected to be key enabling technologies for changes ahead, both inside the vehicle and at its interfaces for the communication of data and energy (i.e. fuel efficiency, reduced emissions, and zero accidents).
It has been the objective of the International Forum on Advanced Microsystems for Automotive Applications (AMAA) for more than fifteen years to detect novel trends and to discuss the technological implications and innovation potential from day one on. In 2012, the topic of the AMAA conference will be “Smart Systems for Safe, Sustainable and Networked Vehicles”.
29-30 May 2012, Geneva, Switzerland
The EWENT project dealt with extreme Weather impacts on European networks of transport. At this final conference the EWENT researchers and researchers of related projects will present their findings on:
1. What are the extreme weather phenomena that are most harmful to transport system and what and where are the biggest impacts?
2. How these phenomena are going to change in pace with expected climate change?
3. What are the total costs induced to transport system by extreme weather?
4. What European parts – geographically, mode-wise – are most vulnerable to extreme weather?
5. How can we prepare ourselves, what are the means and the tools?
29 May 2012, Brussels
Scope of the conference is to present the process outlined during the project execution that has allowed to progressively create a solid cooperation between universities, research driven clusters and businesses in the fields covering the intersections of biotechnology, nanotechnology and ICT. These good practices, already tested in South Moravia and Friuli Venezia Giulia regions and highly replicable in other European backgrounds, could likely contribute in optimizing the utilization of the European Structural Funds earmarked for research and innovation.
24-27 May 2012, Valladolid, Spain
AR&PA 2012, from 24th to 27th May. With the support of UNESCO and in close liaison with the European Commission, AR&PA is the major Cultural Heritage event.