7-8 June 2012, CNIO Auditorium - Madrid, Spain
• To update recent advances in familial cancer
• To better define the genetic profile of these cancers and the clinical management of families and patients.
• To analyze the impact of the new technologies and their contribution to familial cancer risk.
• General concepts in familial cancer: genetic variants, variants of unknown significance; modifier factors; genetic counseling
• Common cancers: breast cancer and the family of breast cancer genes; selection criteria and clinical management; new treatments; colorectal cancer and prostate cancer; genetic and clinical management.
• Other hereditary syndromes: Familial pheocromocitoma; pancreatic cancer; Birt-Hogg-Dube syndrome; familial melanoma.
• Rare tumors: Fanconi anemia; Dysqueratosis congenital; genetic syndromes of the RAS/MAP pathway; li Fraumeni syndrome.
• New technologies applied to familial cancer studies: Integrative genomic analysis; cancer genome and personalized medicine; whole exome sequencing in the search of high susceptibility genes.
7 June 2012, Brussels, Belgium
This open workshop is organised jointly by ACARE and the Aeronautics ERA-Net AirTN and aims to identify the needs of aviation stakeholders for future key personnel in research, engineering and operations. It will address aspects of education and training by aviation relevant institutions and will involve relevant expert groups and associations.
6 June 2012, Albert Borschette Conference Centre, Rue Froissart 36, Brussels
Save the date: The Infoday on "The Ocean of Tomorrow 2013" cross-thematic call will take place on 6 June in Brussels.
The Infoday is for everyone interested in the research opportunities offered by "The Ocean of Tomorrow 2013" cross-thematic call. That means researchers and research institutions, universities, industry, small and medium size enterprises, civil society organisations and National Contact Points.
The event is organised "back-to-back" with the Theme 6 "Environment (including climate change)" Infoday (11 June) to facilitate the participation of all interested parties. For more information have a look at the "Save the Date" invitation.
Registration will be possible soon through the dedicated Infoday website.
4-5 June 2012, Krakow, Poland
The conference will focus on smart regional development based on knowledge and innovation. WIRE2012 will address main current issues related to the effective implementation of the Innovation Union at regional level for the next period 2014-2020, through three main thematic pillars:
Participation in the Conference is free of charge, but pre-registration is required.
5 June 2012, Brussels
The Team of the SET-Plan European Industrial Bioenergy Initiative (EIBI) is organising a first conference open to all stakeholders and interested parties. The aim of this conference is to provide key decision makers, financing institutions, media and the general public with a better and more in-depth understanding of both the urgency and benefits to fully implement the EIBI roadmap and to invest in the EIBI projects.
REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED.
The EIBI Conference was broadcasted via web streaming. You can watch the video from the following webpage: