Events earlier this year
Events 9-12 of 14 – Page:
Innovative Medicines Initiative (IMI) Stakeholder Forum 2011
11-12 May 2011, Budapest
IMI’s Stakeholder Forum 2011 will take place on Thursday 12 May at the SYMA Centre in Budapest, Hungary as part of the World of Health IT (WoHIT) eHealth week. In addition, IMI will hold a networking cocktail on the evening of Wednesday 11 May and a networking breakfast on the morning of 12 May.
The agenda includes:
- a plenary session, jointly organised by IMI and the European Commission’s Information Society, on how knowledge and data management can trigger innovation in healthcare and drug development;
- an overview of how IMI is meeting the innovation challenges faced by the pharmaceutical sector;
- presentations by leading scientists setting out the first achievements of ongoing IMI projects;
- an overview of IMI's scientific vision and industry priorities for the future;
- a glance at IMI’s forthcoming 4th Call for proposals and the role of eHealth in future IMI projects.
Innovation Union stand at the European Commission Open Days
7 May 2011, Brussels, Berlaymont
On Saturday 7 May, the Research and Innovation DG will be represented at the Open Days of the European Commission at the Berlaymont building from 10am to 6pm.
This year, the Research and Innovation DG will present and promote the Innovation Union on our common stand with the Information Society DG.
For the occasion, we will offer several activities for visitors of all ages! So come and find us at the centre of the Berlaymont building!
NESA Day 2011 - International and Interdisciplinary Congress on Excellence in Female Surgery
7-9 April 2011, Florence, Italy
Innovation in Healthcare 2011, From Research to Market
30-31 March 2011, Brussels
This conference will bring together the key stakeholders of the healthcare sector to highlight and discuss the policy developments needed for research and innovation in healthcare at European and National level, in the frame of the Innovation Union and beyond.
The objective of the second edition of this conference is to produce an analysis of the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats (SWOT) for innovation in healthcare and make specific recommendations that will be addressed to policy-makers and stakeholders. The whole event will be complemented by a small "fair" where associations and support structures will provide information to the participants.
Commissioner for Research and Innovation, Máire Geoghegan-Quinn, Commissioner for Industry and Entrepreneurship, Antonio Tajani, and Commissioner John Dalli, responsible for Health and Consumers, are invited to be among the speakers.
Events 9-12 of 14 – Page: