European Research Area
Food, agriculture and fisheries, and biotechnology
Information and Communication Technologies (ICT)
Key Enabling Technologies
Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions
New materials and new production technologies
SME - Small and Medium-sized Enterprises
Science with and for Society
Socio-Economic Sciences and Humanities
Conference on the Common Strategic Framework for EU research and innovation funding
10 June 2011, Brussels
The conference is aimed at anyone interested in the development of the next Strategic Framework Programme for Research and Innovation of the European Union. Stakeholders from research institutions, industry, universities, non-governmental organisations, scientists and politicians are especially invited to take part in making EU funding more attractive and easier to access for participants.
The conference will feature high-level speakers from the European Commission, science organisations, universities, entrepreneurs and governments from across Europe and beyond.
Sorry! Registration is no longer possible as the conference is fully booked.
2nd EU-Russia Innovation Forum
25-26 May 2011, Lappeenranta, Finland
The forum's themes are:
- Partnerships for Modernizations
- Innovativeness in Management
- Sharing Knowledge and Experiences
- Energy Efficiency & Renewable Energy
- Information & Communication Technologies
European Perspectives in Personalised Medicine
12-13 May 2011, Brussels
The conference will take stock of the recent achievements in health related research leading to personalised medicine and will aim at identification and prioritisation of future actions needed at the European level, bringing together European and national – level policy makers, industrial and academic researchers, patients, clinicians and other stakeholders.
The Commissioners for Research and Innovation, Máire Geoghegan-Quinn, and for Health and Consumers, John Dalli, will both participate.
Innovative Medicines Initiative (IMI) Stakeholder Forum 2011
11-12 May 2011, Budapest
IMI’s Stakeholder Forum 2011 will take place on Thursday 12 May at the SYMA Centre in Budapest, Hungary as part of the World of Health IT (WoHIT) eHealth week. In addition, IMI will hold a networking cocktail on the evening of Wednesday 11 May and a networking breakfast on the morning of 12 May.
The agenda includes:
- a plenary session, jointly organised by IMI and the European Commission’s Information Society, on how knowledge and data management can trigger innovation in healthcare and drug development;
- an overview of how IMI is meeting the innovation challenges faced by the pharmaceutical sector;
- presentations by leading scientists setting out the first achievements of ongoing IMI projects;
- an overview of IMI's scientific vision and industry priorities for the future;
- a glance at IMI’s forthcoming 4th Call for proposals and the role of eHealth in future IMI projects.
Innovation Union stand at the European Commission Open Days
7 May 2011, Brussels, Berlaymont
On Saturday 7 May, the Research and Innovation DG will be represented at the Open Days of the European Commission at the Berlaymont building from 10am to 6pm.
This year, the Research and Innovation DG will present and promote the Innovation Union on our common stand with the Information Society DG.
For the occasion, we will offer several activities for visitors of all ages! So come and find us at the centre of the Berlaymont building!