28 September 2017, Brussels, Belgium
The policy symposium is organised by the Mission of Switzerland to the EU, SwissCore and Frontiers, in cooperation with the Estonian Presidency of the Council of the European Union. Speakers and panellists will discuss the contribution of digital Open Science to driving innovative solutions towards a sustainable society, as well as the economic growth, and the need for European and global policies that accelerate a full transition to Open Science.
• Mr Kurt Vandenberghe - Director, Policy Development and Coordination, DG Research and Innovation, European Commission
• Dr Kamila Markram – CEO, Frontiers - Open Science Platform
• Professor Valerio Acocella - Professor of Géosciences at the University of Roma Tre
• Professor Michel Goldman – Head of Institute for Interdisciplinary Innovation in Healthcare (I3h), Université Libre de Bruxelles and former Executive Director of the Innovative Medicines Initiative (IMI)
• Professor Urmas Kõljalg - Open Science Expert Group, Estonian Research Council
• Professor Marie Ritter OBE - International Embassador Climate KIC; Emeritus Professor, Imperial College London; Chair of RISE Open Science Advisory Group
• Professor Moritz Riede - co Chair Global Young Academy, Associate Professor Oxford University
• Ms Nicola Bedlington - Secretary General, European Patients' Forum (tbc)
The symposium will be followed by a networking reception.