Environment and Health – Bridging South, North, East and West
19-23 August 2013, Basel, Switzerland
The ISEE (International Society for Environmental Epidemiology), ISES (International Society of Exposure Science), and the ISIAQ (International Society of Indoor Air Quality and Climate) invite you to the 2013 conference in Basel, hosted by the Swiss Tropical and Public Health Institute (SwissTPH).
The conference aims at presenting recent scientific achievements in the field of exposure science and environmental health from all relevant disciplines and covering a broad range of topics.
It is the place where scientists from all continents will meet. This is the first-ever joint conference of three leading scientific societies dedicated to improving public health.
The conference will feature – among other issues – the following key topics:
Assessing exposure to indoor and ambient air pollution, noise, chemicals, toxic waste and electromagnetic fields and evaluating long term health impact
- Methodological challenges for global environmental epidemiology
- Environmental risks in the context of rapid urbanization in resource-poor settings
- Environmental susceptibility and resilience due to genes, co-morbidities, and socio-cultural and socio-economic factors
- Life course environmental epidemiology
- Linking science and policy through impact assessment
- Indoor and outdoor environmental interventions to improve health
- Water, sanitation and health linkages
- Linkages between agriculture, environment and diseases of poverty
Effect of climate change and climate variability on environment and health
- Health impacts of natural resources development and management (e.g. extractive industry, water-resource developments)
Environment - Climate Change
| Environment - Environment and health
| Environment - General
| Environment - Land and urban management
| Environment - Natural resources management
| Sustainable development