European Research Area
Food, agriculture and fisheries, and biotechnology
Information and Communication Technologies (ICT)
Key Enabling Technologies
Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions
New materials and new production technologies
SME - Small and Medium-sized Enterprises
Science with and for Society
Socio-Economic Sciences and Humanities
Annual meeting of the American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS)
14-17 February 2019, Washington DC, USA
The AAAS annual meeting is among the world's largest and most prestigious general scientific events, gathering thousands of international scientists, policy makers and science journalists. The programme typically includes keynote speeches, scientific symposia, an exhibition, and press briefings on recent scientific discoveries.
This year's event focuses on "Science without boundaries", and the European Commission is organising a number of scientific symposia and a career development workshop.
Make Europe your Destination for Research and Innovation
The European Commission is organising a number of scientific symposia and a career development workshop.
Director-General Jean-Eric Paquet will participate in a plenary session on ‘Responding Faster and Smarter to New Problems’.
At the European Commission (EC) booth participants can:
• Find out about career and funding opportunities in Europe
• Exchange views with experts on ‘Carbon Dioxide utilisation technologies’
• Participate in the Flash Talk about ‘Partnerships and the Open Knowledge Africa platform’
• Meet and greet the European Commission’s Chief Scientific Advisors
• Enjoy a Virtual Reality experience and step into EU labs, explore data or visit museum exhibition
• Play the Copernicus climate game
Sessions organised by the European Commission:
- Research Funding: Exploring Programs in the European Union
- Agricultural Innovation and Uptake: Using a Multi-actor Approach
- Epigenetics in Infection, Diets, and Environment: Responsible Research and Innovation
- Beyond or Despite Political Borders: Science Diplomacy and the Construction of Europe
- How new technology affects society
- Clutching at Straws: Science Advice, Uncertainty, and Global Microplastic Pollution
- Climate Impacts Analysis: Integrating Scientific Disciplines
- Carbon Dioxide Utilization (CCU): An Opportunity to Tackle Climate Change
ThemesHorizon 2020 | International Cooperation | Open science