5th Familial Cancer Conference
7-8 June 2012, CNIO Auditorium - Madrid, Spain
• To update recent advances in familial cancer
• To better define the genetic profile of these cancers and the clinical management of families and patients.
• To analyze the impact of the new technologies and their contribution to familial cancer risk.
• General concepts in familial cancer: genetic variants, variants of unknown significance; modifier factors; genetic counseling
• Common cancers: breast cancer and the family of breast cancer genes; selection criteria and clinical management; new treatments; colorectal cancer and prostate cancer; genetic and clinical management.
• Other hereditary syndromes: Familial pheocromocitoma; pancreatic cancer; Birt-Hogg-Dube syndrome; familial melanoma.
• Rare tumors: Fanconi anemia; Dysqueratosis congenital; genetic syndromes of the RAS/MAP pathway; li Fraumeni syndrome.
• New technologies applied to familial cancer studies: Integrative genomic analysis; cancer genome and personalized medicine; whole exome sequencing in the search of high susceptibility genes.