The course is being run as part of the EU funded ALPES (Aircraft Loads Prediction using Enhanced Simulation) Marie-Curie Initial Training Network.
- To introduce the main concepts of Aeroelasticity and Loads, and the multi-disciplinary methods needed for their study
- To provide an understanding of the main principles of Aeroelasticity and Loads analysis by:
- using simple mathematical models to illustrate basic theoretical concepts,
- showing the maths – but not explaining all of the detail and derivations, instead focusing on the connection with the physics introducing relevant terminology and methods, and
- explaining the analysis, testing and certification processes used by the aerospace industry
- To include examples on some of the key topics.