European Research Area
Food, agriculture and fisheries, and biotechnology
Information and Communication Technologies (ICT)
Key Enabling Technologies
Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions
New materials and new production technologies
SME - Small and Medium-sized Enterprises
Science with and for Society
Socio-Economic Sciences and Humanities
European Battery Cell R&I Workshop
11-12 January 2018, Albert Borschette Congress Center (CCAB) - Rue Froissart 36, 1040 Brussels
In the context of "EU Batteries Alliance", an extra budget of € 100 million has become available to finance new topics on batteries to be included in the Horizon 2020 Work Programme for 2019 and 2020.
On 11 and 12 January 2018, the European Commission's DG Research and Innovation organised the successful "European Battery Cell R&I Workshop", a great opportunity to set short and medium term priorities by discussing the possible topics descriptions for next generation batteries research. On January 11th, in the afternoon, plenary speakers made the state of the art in battery cell R&I and further identified progresses and challenges in battery cell R&I. On January 12th, in-depth discussions shed light in the possible topics and provided implications for short-to-medium term strategy on battery cell R&I.
By gathering wide range of stakeholders including research organisations, cell manufacturers, material suppliers, OEMs, battery pack/module suppliers and national organisations, this workshop provided an invaluable opportunity to discover latest developments and shape the future of European battery cell R&I.
Presentations are now available and can be found here.
To know more and get actively involved, please contact: RTD-BATTERIES-WORKSHOP@ec.europa.eu
On 10th January, DG CNECT organised another workshop on batteries research. Main aim was to explore long-term challenges and emerging next generations of battery technologies for energy storage that could eventually be addressed by a large scale EU R&I initiative under the Future and Emerging Technologies (FET) programme. To know more, contact CNECT-FLAGSHIPS-EVENT@ec.europa.eu
- SET Plan Action 7: 'Become competitive in the global battery sector to drive e-mobility forward'
- Horizon 2020- 'Smart, Green and Integrated Transport' Work Programme 2018-2020
- Horizon 2020- 'Nanotechnologies, Advanced Materials, Biotechnology and Advanced Manufacturing and Processing' Work Programme 2018-2020
- CEA presentation by Céline BARCHASZ 3.6 MB
- Establishing Manufacturing Base in Europe, by Paolo CERRUTI 1.1 MB
- Workshop brochure (incl. discussion paper and agenda) 1.9 MB
- Linking with SET Plan action 7, by José COTTA 886 KB
- Overview of battery cell technologies, by Marcel MEEUS 3.5 MB
- • ProZell competence cluster for cell production and pilot lines in Germany, by Arno KWADE 762 KB
- Progress and Challenges: Generation 3b, by Tobias PLACKE 1.9 MB
- NEW! Final Report 1.8 MB
- Research Validation Pilot Lines Network, by Oscar Miguel CRESPO 2.3 MB
ThemesTransport - General