COP 21 - 21st session of the Conference of the Parties to the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC)
30 November - 11 December 2015, Paris
COP21 will be a crucial round of international climate negotiations with the main objective to endorse a legally binding international climate agreement, under which all Parties would commit to make necessary efforts to keep global warming below 2°C by the end of the century.
DG Research and Innovation, as a member of the European Commission's negotiating task force led by DG CLIMA, will showcase at COP 21 the contribution of research and innovation on climate-related challenges.
Several side events will be organised in the European Union Pavilion, Hall 2B:
- Monday, 30 November 2015, 12:30-14:00 Room ‘Luxembourg’ - Consumption-based Carbon Accounting and Policies: Research on Opportunities, Barriers and Implementation More details here
- Thursday 3 December 2015 18:30 -20:00 Room 'Brussels’ - Open Earth Observation Data, Knowledge and Services for a Climate Resilient Society - A Case for Africa
- Saturday, 5 December 2015, 14:30 -16:00 Room 'Brussels’ - Climate Change in the Arctic: Local, Regional, and Global Impacts More details here
- Monday, 7 December 2014, 18:30 -20:00 Room 'Brussels’- Which grid for a secure and sustainable Electricity Future in Europe?
- Tuesday, 8 December 2015, 18.00 – 20.00 Room 'Brussels’ - EU flagship side-event Research and innovation: Our energy for a low-carbon future - Featuring European Commission’s Vice President for the Energy Union and Commissioner for Research, Science and Innovation.
- Friday, 11 December 2014, 16:30- 18.00 Room ‘Luxembourg’ - Monitoring the global water cycle and climate change － its application to the society
You will find below the flyers supporting the events.
Please note that this page will be regularly updated during the COP 21.
- 3 December Open Earth Observation Data - Climate Resilient Society flyer
- 5 December Climate Change in the Arctic
- 30 November Consumption-based Carbon Accounting and Policies flyer
- 8 December EU flagship side-event Research and innovation: Our energy for a low-carbon future flyer
- 11 December EU-Japan Water cycle
ThemesEnergy - EU (renewables, fossil fuels, SET plan etc.) | Environment - Climate Change | Environment - Climate Services | Environment - Earth observation | Environment - Environmental technologies | Environment - General | Environment - Natural hazards | Environment - Natural resources management | Environment - Sustainable Urban Development | Environment - Tools for sustainable development | Innovation Union