29-30 May 2012, Geneva, Switzerland
The EWENT project dealt with extreme Weather impacts on European networks of transport. At this final conference the EWENT researchers and researchers of related projects will present their findings on:
1. What are the extreme weather phenomena that are most harmful to transport system and what and where are the biggest impacts?
2. How these phenomena are going to change in pace with expected climate change?
3. What are the total costs induced to transport system by extreme weather?
4. What European parts – geographically, mode-wise – are most vulnerable to extreme weather?
5. How can we prepare ourselves, what are the means and the tools?
ThemesEnvironment - Climate Change | Environment - Natural hazards | Transport - Aeronautics | Transport - Multimodal | Transport - Rail | Transport - Road | Transport - Water