For your editorial planning
R&I Workshop - Cultural Heritage and Global Change
14 March 2012
Brussels, 13 March 2012
|What?||R&I Workshop - Cultural Heritage and Global Change|
|When?||Brussels, 14 March 2012, 9:00–17:30|
|Where?||Royal Institute for Cultural Heritage
1, Parc du Cinquantenaire, Brussels, Belgium
|Who?||Paul Magnette, Belgian Minister for Public Enterprises, Scientific Policy and Development
Octavi Quintana, European Research Area Director, European Commission
Mounir Bouchenaki, Special Advisor to the Director General of UNESCO
Climate change and environmental pollution are seriously damaging irreplaceable works of art - paintings and sculptures - and Europe's historical city centres. To mitigate and counteract this damage, the EU has been funding research since 1986 on preserving Europe's cultural heritage, and a budget over €110 million has been dedicated to this cause.
This Research & Innovation Workshop on Cultural Heritage and Global Change will bring together leading policy makers, researchers, universities and key European players to discuss, amongst other issues, on:
- how museums, research facilities and programmes can better cooperate at EU level and develop partnerships to face the Global Change;
- how to respond to the need for multidisciplinary research on cultural heritage;
- how to ensure further support to the advancement of research for the benefit of society and cultural innovation.
The workshop will also highlight the direction for future concerted research and innovation policy actions at national and European level. The speakers will present the latest updates on:
- Cultural Heritage research policies.
- The Joint Programming Initiative on Cultural Heritage and Global Change.
- Research conducted in environmental sciences to preserve the European cultural patrimony.
- The role of research infrastructures in art conservation. New instrumentations for in situ investigations, diagnostic and monitoring techniques in art conservation will be presented through CHARISMA, EU funded project on Cultural Heritage.
JPI on Cultural Heritage and Global Change: http://www.heritageportal.eu
All the presentations will be available at: www.ec.europa.eu/research/infrastructures
Pre-registration is not required.
Wednesday, 22 July 2015Investment Plan for Europe: European Fund for Strategic Investments adds firepower to Horizon2020 for innovative SMEs
Thursday, 16 July 2015€100 million to innovative companies in Italy with financial backing from Horizon 2020
Wednesday, 15 July 2015€140 million to innovative companies in the UK with financial backing from Horizon 2020
Monday, 13 July 2015First loan under InnovFin Infectious Diseases provides €10 million to improve HIV monitoring
Friday, 10 July 2015SMEs in Belgium to benefit from €100 million in EU-guaranteed loans
Commission appoints top scientists to the ERC Scientific Council
All News Alerts/Press Releases