Home page ( FAQ )Back to search results
Q: What are the main novelties of Horizon 2020?
A: Horizon 2020 will represent a clear break with the past in order have a stronger impact on Europe's priority policy objectives.
Important novelties include:
- A single programme for all EU managed research and innovation funding, with a single set of participation rules.
- Full integration of innovation in the programme, meaning more support that is closer to market application (e.g. demonstration, support for SMEs, innovation services, venture capital).
- A focus on the major societal challenges Europe and the world face. This will mean bringing together different technologies, sectors, scientific disciplines, social sciences and humanities, and innovation actors to find new solutions to these challenges.
- Radically simplified access for participants, including a single web portal for all information and projects, less paper work to make applications, and fewer controls and audits.
- A more inclusive approach with specific actions to ensure excellent researchers and innovators from all European regions can participate, and reinforced support for partnerships with the private sector and with the public sector in order to pool resources and build more effective programmes.
At the same time, successful elements in the current programmes are being scaled up, such as the European Research Council and trans-national collaborative projects.
For further information please see : Horizon 2020 web site
Category : Horizon 2020