Navigation path

Carlos Moedas

Live broadcast of EP hearing for Commissioner-designate, Carlos Moedas,
today, 30 September (from 9.00 am)

Click the title above

  Home page ( FAQ )
 Back to search results   Back to search results

Q: For ERC Grant schemes: Starting Grant: In some countries, "habilitation" is a scientific degree awarded to formally acknowledge the achievement of research independence. Are holders of this degree eligible to apply for an ERC Starting Grant if they are within the eligibility window of 2 - 12 years after the PhD award?
A: There is no eligibility restriction to holders of a "habilitation". However, the evaluation will consider the strategic need in supporting the PI in consolidating her/his scientific independence. For more information please consult the ERC policy on PhD and Equivalent Doctoral Degree (ERC Work Programme 2011, Annex 4).
For further information please see :  Work programme on CORDIS 
Category : ERC grant schemes ( Starting Grants (StG) )