Low carbon hospital - € 1 million
- Rules & Guidance
The contest has been launched and you can apply until 3 April 2019.
Rules & Guidance
Who can join the contest?
The contest will be open to all legal entities (including natural persons) or groups of legal entities regardless of its place of establishment, that own or operate a hospital, in whose premises the application will be installed.
How will your application be evaluated?
Exclusion criteria foreseen in the article 139(2) 3rd subparagraph of the Financial Regulation will apply.
Essential award criteria:
As a minimum, the combined heat and power system integrating at least three different European renewable energy technologies and with an innovative energy storage component has to annually generate at least 2 000 000 kilowatt-hour and be able to provide 100% of hospital's annual needs for energy consumption.
The prize will be awarded, after closure of the contest, to the entrant who in the opinion of the jury demonstrates a solution that best addresses the following essential cumulative criteria:
- Reliability, easy maintenance and safety of operation
- Energy savings and CO2 emission reduction
- Minimal/no-invasive impact on premises
- Low operation and maintenance costs, with cost of the energy produced lower or equal to costs of standard installation
- Active public participation
- Sustainability of the distribution chain when biomass is used as a feedstock supply