Food Scanner - € 1 Million
- Rules & Guidance
Submissions closed on 9 March 2016.
Rules & Guidance
Who can join the contest?
The contest is open to any single person and legal entity or groups of legal entities established in EU Member States or in countries associated to Horizon 2020, the EU's research and innovation programme.
How will your application be evaluated?
Once the contest is closed, a high level jury will evaluate all eligible entries against the following general award criteria:
- The solution is developed by the contestant
- As a minimum, the solution is able to analyse: energetic value, ingredients, nutrients, substances or products causing allergies or intolerances, and chemicals (in particular pesticides) in food
- Completeness, correctness, sensitivity and accuracy of information demonstrated by the solution to enable the user to make informed choices
- User experience, (including user interface, response time, portability and intelligence) demonstrated by the solution
- Safety of the solution for human use
- Openness and ability of the solution to integrate the food intake data with other available lifestyle data
- Evidence of commercial readiness and accessibility to a wide range of users
The prize will be awarded to the entry that demonstrates the best solution (which is at least a system prototype demonstrated in an operational environment) to the challenge whilst meeting the award criteria. The solution should be both developed by the contestant and be novel.
Join the conversation
- H2020 Work Programme
- EU policy on food
- EU policy on eHealth
- REGULATION (EU) No 1169/2011 OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL of 25 October 2011 on the provision of food information to consumers
- REGULATION (EC) No 396/2005 OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL of 23 February 2005 on maximum residue levels of pesticides in or on food and feed of plant and animal origin and amending Council Directive 91/414/EEC
- REGULATION (EC) No 470/2009 OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL of 6 May 2009 laying down Community procedures for the establishment of residue limits of pharmacologically active substances in foodstuffs of animal origin
- World Expo Milano 2015 - Feeding the Planet, Energy for Life