Horizon 2020 thematic workshops
Here you will find information about the specific workshops on the societal challenges and other component parts of Horizon 2020. Click on a title to see the report(s) from the workshop.
- Final Report - 14 July 2011 132 KB
- Agenda - 13 July 2011 12 KB
- Agenda - 4 July 2011 12 KB
- Ciaran Mangan and Paul Presset, Outcome of Public Consultation ’a Bio-Based Economy for Europe’ 763 KB
- Courtney Hough, Food Security & Bio-Based Economy Position of Aquaculture 679 KB
- Elisabetta Balzi, Towards Horizon 2020 - the Framework Programme for Research and Innovation 471 KB
- Francesco Lescai, Exploitation of Results 721 KB
- List of Participants 57 KB
- Manfred Kircher and Achim Marx, Capturing the Value Out of R&D 1.3 MB
- Report 94 KB
"These presentations were given by experts taking part in the debates of the two stakeholder workshops concerning the CSF - Horizon 2020 for Research and Innovation on Food Security and Biobased Economy held on 4 and 13 July 2011. The reports are published with the authorisation of their authors. The responsibility for opinions expressed rests solely with the authors, and the publication does not constitute an endorsement by the European Union of the opinions expressed. Any statement and opinion expressed in these presentations should not be taken to be representative of the views of the European Commission."
Additional information (agenda, list of participants and slide presentations of the speakers) is available on the following pages of the Socio-economic Sciences and Humanities web site
Additional information (agenda and slide presentations of the speakers) is available on the following page: http://cordis.europa.eu/fp7/ict/csfri_en.html
- Summary Report Workshop on 6 June 2011 - Nanosciences Nanotechnologies Materials 2.2 MB
- Workshop on 6 June 2011 - Agenda and List of Participants 19 KB
Final Workshop on Enabling and Industrial Technologies in Horizon 2020, 4 July 2011
- Introduction - Enabling and Industrial Technologies in Horizon 2020 229 KB
- Power Point Presentation - Biotech 5.8 MB
- Power Point Presentation - ICT 1.7 MB
- Power Point Presentation - KETS 9.3 MB
- Power Point Presentation - Space Enabling Technologies 863 KB
The outcome of the consultation on future EU research and innovation funding was discussed at a major conference in Brussels on 10 June. This consultation exercise was mainly on simplification issues, funding mechanisms and other aspects of a general scope. However, many of the position papers received in many cases addressed issues relevant for the "Resource Efficiency and Climate Action" challenge.
This general consultation is being followed by thematic consultations. Stakeholder workshops have been organised for the "Resource Efficiency and Climate Action challenge" as follows:
- The first on 21 June 2011, addressing the scientific community
- Agenda 11 KB
- 1 Introduction - M.Soares 99 KB
- 2 Analysis of CSF Green Paper Consultation - A. Edwards 136 KB
- 3 Grand Challenges - M.Karlsson 60 KB
- 4 Grand Challenges - L.Tsipouri 86 KB
- 5 Environment-Health Perspective - M.Depledge 4.7 MB
- 6 Research Areas - P.Devillers 21 KB
- 7 From Research to Innovation - T.Vereijken 2.2 MB
- 8 Results Exploitation - C.Buisman 4.4 MB
- The second on 15 July 2011, targeting government representatives.
- Agenda 10 KB
- 1 Introduction - M.Soares 165 KB
- 2 Resource Efficiency-Climate-Raw Materials - B. de Boissezon 106 KB
- 3 Summary Workshop S&T Community - J.Cassingena 21 KB
The key messages from this exercise are available in summary reports prepared by an external Rapporteur.