BIO 2012 International Convention
Mini-Events Planned at EC Booth # 3165
18 - 21 June 2012, Boston - United States
Meet the experts
(during the Exhibition Power Hours - 19/06/2012: 17:00-18:30; 20/06/2012: 15:45-17:00, 21/06/2012: 11:30-13:00)
Experts from the European Commission and supporting networks (HEALTH-NCP-NET, Fit-for-Health, Enterprise Europe Network) will be present during the Exhibition Power Hours at the EC booth and answer the questions of the visitors.
- Information as to transatlantic business opportunities in EU through Enterprise Europe Network partners in US
- Guidance to suitable EU research funding opportunities (FP7 Health, Marie Curie esp. Reintegration Grants etc., BILAT and more)
Organised by the Council of European BioRegions (18/06/2012: 15:30-16:30, 19/06/2012: 15:00-16:30, 20/06/2012: 09:30-10:30)
Clusters from EU, US and Japan will present their profiles and strengths in an hour session each day.
For more information, please click at:
- In the whirlwind of BIO, to bring clusters together to find out more about each other and find new areas of synergy and partnership.
- Participating clusters/organisations and schedule, please click at: http://www.cebr.net/cluster-hour
Transatlantic aspects of Personalised Medicine
New challenges, new partnerships, better outcomes for patients (18/06/2012: 14:00-15:30)
Organised by EBE (European Biopharmaceutical Enterprises) and based on a comparison of the US and EU aspects of the Personalised Medicine, the panel with four industry specialists will discuss the necessity to increase the connectivity and coordination between the industry partners, and regulatory authorities in the EU and the US in order for, notably, regulators to manage the complexity and the rapid pace of development of innovative solutions for individual patients.
- Glenn Miller, AstraZeneca
- Tom Lillie, Amgen
- Jami Taylor, Johnson&Johnson
- Maurice Wagner, Debiopharm Group
Launching event Ernst & Young/EuropaBio Report "What Europe has to offer biotechnology companies, unraveling the tax, financial and regulatory framework"
Organised by EuropaBIO, the Report entitled "What Europe has to offer biotechnology companies, unraveling the tax, financial and regulatory framework" will be presented together with Ernst & Young. The report surveys what different Member States have in place to assist the creation and development of biotech SMEs to date. The aim is to learn more about what Europe has to offer biotech SMEs.
- Juerg Zuercher, E&Y
- Jan Wisse, NIABA
- Tom Saylor, Arecor
- Rosalind Travers, EuropaBIO
Tuesday 19 June: Exhibition Hospitality Reception - 5:00 PM-6:30 PM - Visit us at booth #3165 and taste Europe!