MYOAGE Workshop 2010 Tor, caloric restriction and anabolism in ageing.
Split, Croatia, 22 - 24 September 2010
This workshop is the first of a series of conferences organized by the European Research Network MYOAGE to present the latest advances in the Field of Muscle Ageing and to disseminate knowledge to the students.
The general topic of the symposium is Target Of Rapamycin (TOR) signal transduction as a master regulator of life span, growth and metabolism in response to nutrient availability. The meeting will involve a group of speakers selected from among leading researchers in the field of TOR signalling, Genetics of Ageing, Muscle Growth, Nutrition and Translational Medicine.
The workshop will explore the following topics:
- Genetic models of ageing from invertebrate to mammals: yeast, C. elegans, Drosophila and mouse
- Mechanisms of muscle growth and atrophy
- Nutrition and translational medicine
This event is organised by the Large Collaborative project MYOAGE funded under the European Commission 7th Framework Programme.
- Provisional programme: (471KB)
- Practical informations: http://www.myoage.eu