For an easy-to-read introduction to FP7 in 21
languages, see the brochure, "FP7 - tomorrow's answers
start today", on
Understanding the Seventh Framework Programme
FP7 was the European Union's Research and Innovation
funding programme for 2007-2013.
The current programme is Horizon 2020
but there are many projects funded under FP7 which are still running.
30 years of EU investment in Research and Innovation!
These tables and graphs show how the budget has grown over the life of seven Framework Programmes from 1984 to 2013.
I. Budget execution by year and by theme
Please note that for 2007-2011 the charts show actual expenditure while for 2012-2013 they show planned expenditure
1) Budget execution by year (updated July 2012)
- Click on a specific theme in the list below to see the development of expenditure for that theme over the years
- Click on a thematic chart for more information on that theme (opens in a new window or tab)
- Clicking on the Capacities budget execution chart will take you to more detailed budget breakdown for that programme
2) Budget execution by theme (updated July 2012)
Click on a year to compare the expenditure for different themes in that year
II. Work programmes: 2013 vs 2012
NB: The figures above are indicative and subject to slight adjustments throughout the course of the year following possible modifications of the work programmes