For an easy-to-read introduction to FP7 in 21
languages, see the brochure, "FP7 - tomorrow's answers
start today", on
Understanding the Seventh Framework Programme
Back to results/list of all FAQs
Q: How are JTIs identified?
JTIs will be set up in fields of high industrial and policy significance. The potential areas are identified on the basis of a set of criteria which are laid out in the Seventh Framework Programme. These criteria are:
- Inability of existing instruments to achieve the objective,
- Scale of the impact on industrial competitiveness and growth,
- Added value of European-level intervention,
- Degree and clarity of definition of the objective and deliverables to be pursued,
- Strength of the financial and resource commitment from industry,
- Importance of the contribution to broader policy objectives including benefit to society,
- Capacity to attract additional national support and leverage current and future industry funding.
FP7 (Seventh Framework Programme) ( Joint Technology Initiatives (JTIs) )