HIGH LEVEL ECONOMIC POLICY EXPERT GROUP "INNOVATION FOR GROWTH" (i4g)
RELATION OF RESEARCH & INNOVATION WITH SMART, SUSTAINABLE AND INCLUSIVE GROWTH
Mission and Objectives
- Advice to the Commission on policies for research and innovation and how to turn them into economic growth, based on empirical evidence and analysis from the academic literature;
- Assessment of the impact and the innovation potential of actions in the context of the Innovation Union Flagship Initiatives;
- Explore new avenues for R&I policies;
- Recommendations on how to make the Innovation Union work at European, national and regional level within a global context;
- Support to the Commissioner on communication and dialogue on research and innovation policies with stakeholders at European, national and regional level.
The mandate of i4g shall last the full term of the Commissioner. The group is composed of a Bureau of 15 members and corresponding experts.
Prof. Dr. Lena J. TSIPOURI, i4g Chair, University of Athens (GR)
Prof. Dr. Andrea BONACCORSI, Co-Chair, University of Pisa (IT)
Prof. Dr. Jutta ALLMENDINGER, Wissenschaftszentrum für Sozialforschung Berlin – WZB (DE)
Prof. Dr. Dominique FORAY, École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (CH)
Prof. Dr. Jonathan HASKEL, Imperial College Business School London (UK)
Matthias KOLLATZ-AHNEN, former European Investment Bank (EIB) Vice-president (DE)
Prof. Dr. Patrick LLERENA, Université de Strasbourg (FR)
Prof. Dr. Mariana MAZZUCATO, University of Sussex (UK)
Prof. Dr. Maureen McKELVEY, University of Gothenburg (SWE)
Prof. Dr. Pierre MOHNEN, Maastricht University (NL)
Prof. Dr. Andrés RODRÍGUEZ-POSE, London School of Economics (ESP/UK)
Dr. Frédérique SACHWALD, French Ministry of Research (FR)
Prof. Dr. Metka STARE, University of Ljubljana (SI)
Prof. Dr. Reinhilde VEUGELERS, KULeuven (BE)
Prof. Dr. Marzenna Anna WERESA, Warsaw School of Economics (PL)
Work programme of i4g
The work programme of i4g is determined annually. The group provides:
R&I Policy Briefs – short papers (2-4 pages), substantiating a policy advice in the field of research and innovation;
R&I Policy Papers – elaborated papers and short studies on R&I policy relevant issues;
Best R&I practices – best practice cases are analysed and presented considering their economic impact as well as recommendations for future policy making;
Dedicated reports – are produced by particular i4g Panels.
Download Area: i4g Documents
Support to i4g
i4g is supported by a secretariat (Unit C2-DG RTD). The Commission supports i4g with studies on issues of immediate relevance to research and innovation policy.