Title of the site
Environment and health
Land and Urban management
Tools for sustainable development
=> back to description of environment and health research
Loading FP5 projects
– Effects of Outdoor and Indoor Air Pollution on the Development of Allergic Disease in Children.
AIRALLERG project description 311 KB
– Air Pollution and Inflammatory Response in Myocardial Infraction Survivors: Gene-environment-interactions in High-risk Group.
AIRGENE project description 321 KB
– A Thematic Network on Air Pollution and Health.
AIRNET project description 301 KB
– Mechanism-based Approaches to Improved Cancer Risk Assessment of Ambient Air Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons (PAHs).
AMBIPATH project description 302 KB
– Longitudinal Assessment of Clinical Course and Biomarkers in Severe Chronic Airway Disease.
BIOAIR project description 315 KB
– European Network on Children’s Susceptibility and Exposure to Environmental Genotoxicants.
CHILDRENGENONETWORK project description 293 KB
– European Prospective Study on Environment, Allergy and the Lung.
ECHRS II project description 292 KB
– European Mercury Emission from Chlor-alkali Plants.
EMECAP project description 294 KB
– Effects of PAHs in Environmental Pollution on Exogenous and Endogenous DNA Damage.
EXPAH project description 285 KB
– Molecular Changes and Genetic Susceptibility in Relation to Air Pollution and Environmental Tobacco Smoke: a case-control study in non-smokers nested in the epic investigation.
GEN-AIR project description 295 KB
– Health Effects of Air Pollution on Susceptible Subpopulations: Ultrafine particles and myocardial infarction.
HEAPSS project description 307 KB
– Biomarkers for the Non-invasive Assessment of Acute and Chronic Effects of Air Pollutants on the Respiratory Epithelium.
HELIOS project description 282 KB
– Health Effects of Particles from Motor Engine Exhaust and Ambient Air Pollution.
HEPMEAP project description 289 KB
– Multidisciplinary Approaches to Airborne Pollutants Health-Related Issues.
MAAPHRI project description 306 KB
– Measurement of Occupational Allergen Exposure.
MOCALEX project description 298 KB
– Chemical and Biological Characterisation of ambient air coarse, fine and ultrafine particles for Human Health Risk Assessment in Europe.
PAMCHAR project description 287 KB
– Pollution and the young combined analyses of cross-sectional studies of respiratory health of children and air pollution.
PATY project description 297 KB
– Programmable Air Wave Generator with Controlled Temperature, Pressure, Humidity and Air Wave Frequencies for Calibration.
PAWG project description 296 KB
– Respiratory Allergy and Inflammation due to Ambient Particles – A Europe-wide Assessment.
RAIAP project description 279 KB
– Relationship between Ultrafine and Fine Particulate Matter in Indoor and Outdoor Air and Respiratory Health.
RUPIOH project description 302 KB
– Analysing Combination Effects of Mixtures of Estrogenic Chemicals in Marine and Freshwater Organisms.
ACE project description 291 KB
– Assessment of Neurobehavioural Endpoints and Markers of Neurotoxicant Exposures.
ANEMONE project description 307 KB
– Effective Approaches for Assessing the Predicted Environmental Concentrations (PEC) of Pesticides: a Proposal supporting the Harmonised Registration of Pesticides in Europe.
APECOP project description 293 KB
– Arsenic Risk Assessment and Molecular Epidemiology.
ASHRAM project description 300 KB
– The Mechanistic Basis for providing a Realistic Cancer Risk Assessment for Exposure to Inorganic Arsenic within the European Community.
ASRISK project description 293 KB
– Biological Effects of Environmental Pollution in Marine Coastal Ecosystems.
BEEP project description 310 KB
– Bioaccumulation of Persistent Organic Pollutants (POPs) in Small Cetaceans in European Waters: Transport Pathways and Impact on Reproduction.
BIOCET project description 323 KB
– Bone Development and Homeostasis: Critical Targets in Toxicology. Research to Support Test-method Development and Human-health Risk Assessment for Dioxins and other Endocrine-disrupting Compounds in the Food Chain.
BONETOX project description 320 KB
– Cytogenetic Biomarkers and Human Cancer Risk.
CANCERRISKBIO-MARKERS project description 329 KB
– Comparison of Exposure-Effect Pathways to Improve the Assessment of Human Health Risks of Complex Environmental Mixtures of Organohalogens.
COMPARE project description 265 KB
– Comparative Research on Endocrine Disrupters: Phylogenic Approach and Common Principles focusing on Androgenic/ Anti-androgenic Compounds.
COMPRENDO project description 291 KB
DIOXIN RISK ASSESSMENT
– Comprehensive Risk Analysis of Dioxins: Development of Methodology to Assess Genetic Susceptibility to Developmental Disturbances and Cancer.
DIOXIN RISK ASSESSMENT project description 300 KB
– Environmental-agent Susceptibility Assessment Utilising Existing and Novel Biomarkers as Rapid Non-invasive Testing Methods.
EASYRING project description 307 KB
– Endocrine Disrupters: Exploring novel Endpoints, Exposure, Low-dose and Mixture Effects in Humans, Aquatic Wildlife and Laboratory Animals.
EDEN project description 297 KB
– Development and Implementation of New in vivo and in vitro Systems for the Characterisation of Endocrine Disrupters.
EDERA project description 304 KB
– Evaluations and Predictions of Dermal Absorption of Toxic Chemicals.
EDETOX project description 285 KB
– Identification of Critical Rat Testicular Genes altered after Fetal Androgenic Disruption by Flutamide: Use of DNA Microarray.
ENDISRUPT project description 259 KB
– Dysregulation of Endogenous Steroid Metabolism Potentially alters Neuronal and Reproductive System Development: Effects of Environmental Plasticisers.
ENDOMET project description 314 KB
ENV REPROD HEALTH
– Increasing Incidence of Human Male Reproductive Health Disorders in relation to Environmental Effects on growth- and sex steroid induced Alterations in Programmed Development.
ENV REPROD HEALTH project description 297 KB
ESTROGENS & DISEASE
– The Impact of Developmental Exposure to Weak (Environmental) Estrogens on the Incidence of Diseases in Target Organs later in Life.
ESTROGENS & DISEASE project description 306 KB
– Multi-organic Risk Assessment of Selected Endocrine Disrupters.
EURISKED project description 277 KB
– Toxicological Evaluation of the Immune Function of Pesticide Workers, a Europe-wide Assessment.
EUROPIT project description 309 KB
– Improved Exposure Assessment for Prospective Cohort Studies and Exposure Control in the Rubber Manufacturing Industry.
EXASRUB project description 315 KB
EXPORED project description 294 KB
– Mechanisms of Toxicity of Asbestos-Substitute Mineral Fibres: New Approaches to Hazard and Risk Assessment.
FIBRETOX project description 298 KB
– Risk Assessment of Brominated Flame Retardants as Suspected Endocrine-Disrupters for Human and Wildlife Health.
FIRE project description 301 KB
– Fragrance Chemical Allergy: a Major Environmental and Consumer Health Problem in Europe.
FRAGRANCE ALLERGY project description 275 KB
– Genetic Markers and Susceptibility to the Effects of Endocrine Disruptors during Mammalian Testis Development.
GENDISRUPT project description 259 KB
IMMUNOTOX CELL CHIP
– A new Technology for Fluorescent ‘Cell Chip’ Immunotoxicity Testing.
IMMUNOTOX CELL CHIP project description 328 KB
– Biopersistent organochlorines in Diet and Human Fertility. Epidemiological Studies of time in Pregnancy and Semen Quality in Inuit and European Populations.
INUENDO project description 257 KB
– Biomimetic Optical Sensors for Environmental Endocrine Disruptor Screening.
MENDOS project description 282 KB
– Oxidative Stress and Chronic Diseases: Exocyclic DNA Adducts as Markers for Disrupted Genomic Integrity and Risk.
OXEXRISK project description 276 KB
– Developmental Neurotoxicity of Polybrominated Diphenyl-ethers (PBDE): Mechanisms and Effects.
PBDE-NTOX project description 275 KB
– Evaluating Human Health Risk from Low-dose and Long-term PCB Exposure.
PCBRISK project description 314 KB
– Protection of the European Population from Aneugenic Chemicals.
PEPFAC project description 314 KB
– Placental Uptake and Transfer of Environmental Chemicals relating to Allergy in Childhood Years.
PLUTOCRACY project description 284 KB
– Development of Methods for Predictive Toxicity Testing with reference to Neurotoxic Volatile Chemicals.
RANTIV project description 268 KB
– Risk Assessment for Occupational Dermal Exposure to Chemicals.
RISKOFDERM project description 275 KB
– Tissue Engineering of Living Biosensors to Evaluate Risks for Health by Pesticides affecting the Cholinergic Neurotransmitter System.
SENSPESTI project description 281 KB
– Genetic Polymorphisms and Biomonitoring of Styrene.
SUSCEPTSTYRENE project description 293 KB
– Risk Assessment of Wood Dust: Assessment of Exposure, Health Effects and Biological Mechanisms.
WOODRISK project description 298 KB
ADVICE PULSED FIELDS
– Health Impact from the Use of Security and Similar Devices Employing Pulsed and Continuous Electromagnetic Fields.
ADVICE PULSED FIELDS project description 303 KB
– Combined effects if Electromagnetic Fields with Environmental Carcinogens.
CEMFEC project description 323 KB
– Potential Adverse Effects of GSM cellular Phones on Hearing.
GUARD project description 303 KB
– International Case Control Studies of Cancer in Relation to Mobile Phone Use.
INTERPHONE project description 306 KB
– In vivo Research on Possible Health Effects related to Mobile Telephones and Base Stations (Carcinogenicity Studies in Rodents).
PERFORM-A project description 293 KB
– Risk Assessment for Exposure of Nervous System Cells to Mobile Telephone EMF: from in vitro to in vivo studies.
RAMP 2001 project description 316 KB
– Risk Evaluation of Potential Environmental Hazards from Low-energy Electromagnetic Field (EMF) Exposure using Sensitive in vitro Methods.
REFLEX project description 316 KB
– Tera-hertz radiation in Biological Research, Investigations on Diagnostics and Study on Potential Genotoxic Effects.
THZ-BRIDGE project description 288 KB
– Hypertension and Exposure to Noise near Airports.
HYENA project description 307 KB
– Noise and Industrial Chemicals: Interaction Effects on Hearing and Balance.
NOISECHEM project description 322 KB
– Noise Pollution Health Effects Reduction.
NOPHER project description 303 KB
– Road Traffic and Aircraft Noise Exposure and Children’s Cognition and Health: Exposure-effect relationships and Combined Effects.
RANCH project description 328 KB
– Immunological Health and Adaptation following Chronic Exposure to Environmental Ultraviolet (UV) Radiation.
IHA-UV project description 330 KB
– Genetic Mechanisms involving Ultraviolet Light in the Development of Cutaneous Malignant Melanoma.
MAUVE project description 286 KB
– New Bio-markers of Oxidative Stress to Humans: a Role in Developing New Strategies for Human Protection against Environmental (UV-A) Damage to Skin.
PREVENTION BIOMARKERS project description 312 KB
– Allergy to the Sun: Multidisciplinary Investigation on the Pathogenesis, Treatment and Prevention of Polymorphic Light Eruption across Europe.
SUNALL project description 281 KB
– Environmental and Host Factors in the Risk of Thyroid Cancer.
THYR-RISK project description 319 KB
– Environmental Influences and Infection as Aetiological Agencies in Atopy and Asthma in Young Children.
E21-4AYC project description 277 KB
– Environmental Exposures and Lymphoid Neoplasms.
EPILYMPH project description 323 KB
– Parkinsonism and Parkinson’s Disease.
GEOPARKINSON project description 318 KB
– Health Effects and Risk of Transport Systems.
HEARTS project description 272 KB
– Prevention of Allergy – Risk Factors for Sensitisation in Children related to Farming and Anthroposophic Lifestyle.
PARSIFAL project description 310 KB
– Protection against Allergy: Study in Rural Environments.
PASTURE project description 316 KB
– Prevalence and Determinants of Childhood Asthma and Allergies across Europe.
PDCAAE project description 302 KB
– Policy Interpretation Network on Children’s Health and Environment.
PINCHE project description 297 KB
– Development and Validation of a DNA-Chip Technology for the assessment of the Bacteriological Quality of Bathing and Drinking Water.
AQUA-CHIP project description 312 KB
DUWS RISK ASSESSMENT
– Microbial Risk Assessment of Dental Unit Water Systems (DUWS) in General Dental Practice.
DUWS RISK ASSESSMENT project description 315 KB
– Toxic and Bioactive Peptides in Cyanobacteria.
PEPCY project description 284 KB
– Climate Change and Adaptation Strategies for Human Health.
CCASHH project description 295 KB
– Assessment and Prevention of Acute Health Effects of Weather Conditions in Europe.
PHEWE project description 293 KB
– Quality of Skin as Barrier to Ultrafine Particles.
NANODERM project description 199 KB
– The role of Nanoparticles in Material-induced pathologies.
NANOPATHOLOGY project description 290 KB