Items 11-20 of 25 – Page:
Thursday, 11 December 2014
11. Research Headlines - New analysis aids planning for climate change
A detailed picture of European weather patterns over the past decades is now emerging thanks to an EU-funded project to re-analyse historical records. The results will help governments plan for climate change by better understanding past trends and extreme events.
Tuesday, 09 December 2014
12. Events - Informa Life Sciences' Registration of Agrochemicals - 10-11 February 2015, Berlin, Germany
Essential guidance from the EU Commission, 13 Member State representatives plus leading industry experts on the registration of your Plant Protection Products
Keynote Presentations - Hear vital feedback on recent developments and the future outlook at the EU Commission and EFSA
The Zonal Authorisation Procedure - The CRD, BVL and Portugal share their experiences, plus take a look into the future with Dow AgroSciences - where will Europe be in 2020?
The New Authorisation Database - Review implementation, training and experiences to date. Insight from the EU Commission and Syngenta.
From Science to Politics and its Consequences - assess the role of media and politics in the agrochemical industry and its impact on regulatory affairs
Keynote Speakers: Wolfgang Reinert, EU Commission Jose Tarazona, EFSA (Subject to confirmation)
13 Member State Representatives 38+ speakers
Hear essential guidance from the EU Commission, 13 Member State representatives plus leading industry experts on the registration of your Plant Protection Products
Our 2015 agenda has been designed to ensure you achieve success under Regulation 1107/2009.
13. Research Headlines - Increasing our understanding of volcanic eruptions
EU-funded FUTUREVOLC project improved the monitoring and understanding of magma movements at Icelandic volcanoes.
Thursday, 04 December 2014
14. Research Headlines - Electric cars in the driving seat
An Italian-led European consortium is piloting an assembly line for a small electric car developed in an EU-funded project. The vehicle sets new standards for quality, efficiency and safety in the booming market for 'micro' electric vehicles.
15. Success Stories - Promising technologies to reduce power plant emissions
Carbon capture and storage (CCS) technology has the potential to help the European Union (EU) significantly cut its greenhouse gas emissions. However, efficient and reliable pre-combustion capture technologies that can reduce carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions from fossil fuel power plants at low cost are still missing.
Wednesday, 03 December 2014
16. Research Headlines - Clean bill of health for electric cars
Could electric cars cause cancer? Like all electric devices, and indeed like all motor vehicles, they do produce electromagnetic fields. However, these fields are far too weak to give cause for concern, say EU-funded scientists at the end of a comprehensive research project.
17. Success Stories - Improved predictions to protect Europe's coastlines
In February 2010, Atlantic storm 'Xynthia' swept across Portugal, Spain, France, Belgium, the Netherlands and Germany, causing around 60 deaths and extensive damage to property due to flooding. As this and more devastating examples have shown, we are no longer able to rely on engineering alone to protect us from storm hazards.
Tuesday, 02 December 2014
18. Events - 10th International Conference “Economic Integrations, Competition and Cooperation" - 22-24 April 2015, Rijeka/Opatija, Croatia
The focus of the Conference is on the scientific and practical challenges of the accession to the EU and its enlargement, especially those related to the future accession of Bosnia and Herzegovina and Western Balkan countries.
Contacts: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
19. Success Stories - Adapting to climate change, Mediterranean style
Climate change is global - but affects people locally. An EU-funded project is giving Mediterranean businesses and local governments the information they need to plan ahead by taking the impact of local climate change into account. The project is also helping to build a Europe-wide climate information service.
Friday, 28 November 2014
20. Events - Information Day & Brokerage event on Horizon 2020 – Smart Cities and Communities 2015 Work Programme - 12 February 2015, Brussels, Belgium
A new call for proposals for Smart Cities and Communities under Horizon 2020 opened on 10 December 2014 (deadline for submitting proposals is 5 May 2015). It calls for proposals in two topics: SCC-01-2015: Smart Cities and Communities solutions integrating energy, transport and ICT sectors through lighthouse (large scale demonstration – first of the kind) projects and SCC-03-2015: Development of system standards for smart cities and communities solutions.
The information day will take place in the morning and will:
• Inform participants about the call objectives, requirements and specificities
• Provide relevant insights and lessons learnt from the 2014 SCC call.
Items 11-20 of 25 – Page: