Annual Conference of the International Society for Environmental Epidemiology
26-30 August 2012, Columbia, South Carolina, United States
Environmental Health across Land, Air and Sea is the theme, and it will be woven throughout the scientific presentations. The goals of the conference are to:
- showcase ongoing interdisciplinary and international research in environmental epidemiology
- emphasize emerging global environmental health issues
- refine and develop new strategies to improve health impacts due to contamination of land, air and sea
- exchange novel scientific findings and methodological approaches, including a focus on characterising the “exposome” (the combined exposures that a person receives in their lifetime) and how it relates to disease
- highlight successful environmental interventions, including how communication with the public has helped to achieve desired health outcomes
- provide a sustainable conferencing experience by incorporating new procedures and technologies
- facilitate international collaboration in environmental and epidemiological research and training.
More information and practical guidance can be found on the Conference Website.