Items 1-10 of 25 – Page:
Tuesday, 23 April 2019
1. Events - VicInAqua webinar: Turning water and energy challenges into opportunities (free) - 13 May 2019, Online
Join our free webinar on 13th May 2019 (2.00-3.30pm CET, registration required) Turning water and energy challenges into opportunities: Find out how you can exploit business and innovation opportunities created by water and energy challenges!
Learn more about the technologies in the EU H2020 VicInAqua project (MBR membrane bioreactor, monitoring and control systems, hatchery-RAS recirculating aquaculture system, renewable energy supply systems) and its integrative project approach.
Participation is for free but you need to Read more
Wednesday, 17 April 2019
2. Research Headlines - Ultra-efficient solar module paves way to photovoltaic future
An EU-funded project has achieved some of the highest efficiencies ever recorded for a solar module, paving the way for broader commercial deployment of concentrator photovoltaic systems to help drive Europe's transition to renewable energy.
Monday, 15 April 2019
3. Events - The road ahead for digital social innovation - 26 April 2019, Brussels, Belgium
How can the European Union can support the growing field of digital social innovation (DSI), which offers huge potential to harness collaborative and open technologies to tackle some of Europe's biggest challenges?
This is the question at the heart of this high-level workshop. Organise by the Horizon 2020-funded DSI4EU project, this workshop will bring together senior officials from EU institutions, foundations, think tanks, civil society and DSI practitioners.
It will showcase the potential of DSI in priority areas for the European Commission, discuss and refine ideas for future policy agendas, explore how we can bring the “digital” into social innovation and use DSI to help shape more responsible technology, and provide ample opportunity for networking.
4. Research Headlines - How slime is breaking the biosensor mould
An EU-funded project is using slime mould to produce accessible sensing devices with a wide range of applications, including environmental monitoring and health - helping European industry become more competitive in the growing biosensor device market. The devices can also be used for citizen science applications.
Friday, 12 April 2019
5. Research Headlines - Satellite data highlights optimal sites for aquaculture
An EU-funded project has developed a satellite-based service to support the aquaculture industry in finding the best sites and providing continuous monitoring of fish and shellfish farms, helping to ensure global food security for a growing population.
Tuesday, 09 April 2019
6. Research Headlines - Arctic spotlights socio-economic cost of climate change
The effects of climate change are most apparent in the Arctic where sea ice loss is having far-reaching socio-economic consequences. EU-funded research brought together an international team of experts to advance understanding of the region's transformation and its potential global impact.
Monday, 08 April 2019
7. Research Headlines - Sensors, drones and satellites watch buildings to save lives
A smart system developed by EU-funded researchers for assessing the structural health of buildings in near real time could help save lives, time, and money in the aftermath of a natural or manmade disaster.
Thursday, 04 April 2019
8. Events - Collaboration for the impactful Earth system science - European research infrastructures - 4 June 2019, Brussels, Belgium
Welcome to Learn and Discuss.
It's an interactive event combining talks, panel discussions, and science market format – all discussing the European Environmental Research Infrastructures and the results of their joint collaboration
• The societal impact of European Environmental Research Infrastructures
• The key role of European Environmental Research Infrastructures in the global Earth observations
• The strategy of the Environmental RIs for the future
• The added value in collaboration, sharing expertise and resources across the Earth system disciplines
This event is organized by the ENVRIplus, an H2020 project supporting the collaboration among the environmental and Earth system research infrastructures
A more detailed agenda, information on the venue, registration and other practical details will be available soon Read more
Wednesday, 03 April 2019
9. Research Headlines - A new perspective on rural land management
Through a series of recommendations encouraging local stakeholders to explore environmental, social and economic issues in rural land management, EU-funded researchers have set out new ways in which agriculture and forestry could become more sustainable.
Tuesday, 02 April 2019
10. Events - Städte als Keimzellen der Energiewende in Europa gefördert in Horizon 2020 - 22 May 2019, Berlin, Germany
Cities are the foundation of the energy transition. The European energy and climate goals can only be achieved through the engagement of cities. The Framework Programme Horizon 2020 for Research and Innovation promotes new solutions for implementing the energy transition.
The German National Contact Point (NCP) for Energy organizes a panel discussion which focuses on “Cities as foundation of the energy transition” at “Berliner Energietage 2019”, one of the most influential energy events in Germany.
Representatives from the Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy and DG ENER discuss the chances and advantages of a participation in the Framework Programme Horizon 2020 with experienced project partners from cities and communities.
Items 1-10 of 25 – Page: