2nd UNI-SET Energy Clustering Event
26-28 September 2016, Torino, Italy
From 26 to 28 September 2016, Politecnico di Torino (Turin, Italy) is hosting the 2nd UNI-SET Energy Clustering Event (ECE) on the SET-Plan Core Priority 3 “Develop and strengthen energy-efficient systems” and Additional Priority 2 “Increase safety in the use of nuclear energy”.
UNI-SET is a FP7 Coordination and Support Action coordinated by the European University Association (EUA) and implemented jointly with KU Leuven, representing the universities in KIC InnoEnergy.
The event in Turin seeks to stimulate discussion and the development of innovative and multidisciplinary research and education programmes through clustering activities, consortia building and knowledge sharing.
The ECEs aim to mobilise the European university community to tackle the “energy challenge”, in the framework of the European Strategic Energy Technology Plan (SET-Plan) and the Energy Union.
The ECE themes are based on the priorities of the SET-Plan.
Conference of the European Biogas Association
27-29 September 2016, Ghent, Belgium
The third Conference of the European Biogas Association will take place September 27-29, 2016 in Gent, Belgium and will cover a broad range of topics related to biogas and biomethane from anaerobic digestion and gasification.
Foreseen are parallel sessions, an exhibition and a poster session. With the event we strive to unite biogas experience and share latest information on policies, industry developments, innovation and legislation.
The 2016 edition is organized in close collaboration with Ghent University.
H2020 BIOTECH CONSORTIUM BUILDING WORKSHOP
28 September 2016, Brussels, Belgium
Do you consider applying to one of the below mentioned Horizon 2020 biotech-related calls? Are you looking for partners to build a consortium? Join us on 28 September in Brussels to meet actors from all around Europe to exchange ideas.
- SFS-30-2017: Closing loops at farm and regional levels to mitigate GHG emissions and environmental contamination – focus on carbon, nitrogen and phosphorus cycling in agro-ecosystems
- CIRC-02-2016-2017: Water in the context of the circular economy
- LCE-29-2017: CCS in industry, including Bio-CCS
- LCE-30-2017: Geological storage pilots
- BIOTEC-07-2017: New Plant Breeding Techniques (NPBT) in molecular farming: Multipurpose crops for industrial bioproducts
This event is jointly organised by EPS biotechnology, a Czech biotech SME performing R&D in environmentally friendly remediation techniques and waste management, and CZELO, the Czech Liaison Office for Research, Development and Innovation in Brussels.
The capacity of the workshop is limited, please register at http://geform.tc.cz/EPS_H2020_biotech_Brussels before 26/09/2016.
CITIES of the FUTURE-H2020
30 September 2016, Istanbul, Turkey
The “Cities of the Future 2016” Brokerage Event will bring together 300 researchers, industry professionals, government officials and policy makers from Europe and Turkey.
The event will target the following H2020 calls: -‘Smart and Sustainable Cities’ and ‘Energy Efficient Buildings’ - ‘Factories of The Future’ - ‘Sustainable Process Industries’ and ‘Circular Economy’ - ‘The European Green Vehicles Initiative’.
“Cities of the Future 2016” is meant as a wider concept that encompasses cities' overall energy and resource efficiency with profound economic, social and environmental impacts, resulting in a better quality of life.
In this context ‘Green Vehicles’ play an essential role, as well as further advances in ‘Factories of the Future’ or ‘Sustainable Process Industries’, for increased resource efficiency, new markets, and new jobs.
This event provides a unique opportunity to connect not only with Turkish and European researchers but also with highly qualified research-performing SMEs, making this event an excellent platform to expand networks and create new partnerships for the upcoming calls in Horizon 2020.
Events earlier this year
EU-India STI Cooperation Days 2016
21-22 September 2016, Goa, India
Organised by the Indigo Policy and Inno Indigo projects, the EU-India STI Cooperation days bring together researchers, SMEs and policy makers to discuss the latest policy, research and innovation developments in the field of bioeconomy and offer extended networking opportunities.
Discussions will cover four topics:
- Sustainable Food Security – research and innovation all along the food chain, from primary production, food processing to healthy and safe foods and diets
- Blue Growth –Testing, demonstrating, scaling-up and bringing to the market innovative marine and maritime technologies, products and services, as well as exploring the interactions between the oceans and human health, and strengthening the capability to observe and map oceans and seas basins.
- Rural Renaissance – Innovation as driver for rural development, with a particular emphasis on developing framework conditions for innovation and new business models adapted to the rural context, and support for skills development in rural communities.
- Bio-based innovation for sustainable goods and services – Securing sustainable biomass supply for biobased goods and services and the future development of bio-based markets, for example by promoting stakeholder engagement.
Registration is free.
Horizon 2020 Information Day: Climate Action, Environment, Resource Efficiency & Raw Materials
14 September 2016, Brussels
The European Commission is organising an Information Day to present the 2017 calls for proposals of Horizon 2020's Societal Challenge 5 "Climate Action, Environment, Resource Efficiency and Raw Materials".
The event includes a free-of-charge partnering session, which will take place in the afternoon, to assist applicants in finding the right project partners.
The morning plenary sessions and the parallel sessions will be webcast live.
Registration is now open.
eseia Professional Training on Green Mobility and System Integration
12-13 September 2016, Brussels
Take part in the eseia Professional Training on Green Mobility and System Integration and receive cutting-edge trainings from science and business form various disciplines. This training is organised in Brussels back to back with EU Mobility Week.
This two-day training provides an overview of state-of-the art technologies and future trends supporting Green Mobility. Participants get insights into vehicle and infrastructure related technologies and have the possibility to discuss and evaluate the concepts under consideration of different viewpoints.
Application deadline: 2 September 2016
7th International Workshop on HCITOCH 2016
7-9 September 2016, Turin, Italy
HCITOCH 2016 will be composed of research presentations, keynote lectures, invited presentations, doctoral consortium, demos, research-in-progress, poster presentations, and parallel sessions.