10TH WORLD RENEWABLE ENERGY CONGRESS AND EXHIBITION
22-23 July 2008
Glasgow, Scotland, UK
The workshop aimed at facilitating discussions to better define the needs of emerging and developing countries and the required EU support in the global context of climate change, energy security and poverty. It also provided a better understanding of the factors that are conditioning the success of S&T international co-operation in the area of renewable energy technologies and helped shaping relevant future initiatives.
In this respect, Europe has a key role to support developing countries through the:
- definition and setting up of appropriate local energy (and energy research) policy priorities and adequate corresponding regulatory framework and infrastructure,
- funding of demonstration projects or pilot scale R&D projects under local environmental and socio-economic conditions,
- development of fiscal measures such as feeding tariffs that would allow the emergence of energy technology projects and (local and EU) industrial investments.
For more information on WREC series please consult the WREC website: http://www.wrenuk.co.uk/wrecx.html
- Opening session (Chair: Wiktor Raldow)
- Wind (Chair: Martin Alder)
- Biomass (Chair: Eric Fraga)
- Solar (Chair: Rolf Öström)
- Ocean and Hydro (Chair: Rolf Öström)