Funding opportunities for energy-related research activities
There are many funding sources available to support energy-related research activities. Each instrument has a dedicated focus and targets certain actors and activities. These pages provides an overview of the most relevant EU and non-EU funding programmes and how to use them to your benefit.
Read how to get EU funding
- from the main funding programmes for research and innovation
- for activties in the area of sustainable energy
Please contact Europe Direct if you need further information.
FP7 offers many opportunities for funding energy research.
Learn more about the:
- FP7 Energy Theme
- Other interesting EU research funding sources
Other EU Programmes
- Research Fund for Coal and Steel (RFCS)
- Competitiveness and Innovation Programme (CIP Programme)
- LIFE+ Programme
- Structural funds
- Common Agricultural Policy
- Development policy
- European Investment Bank (EIB)
- NER300 funding programme for demonstration of CCS and innovative renewable energy technologies
Calls in third countries
Learn about energy-related calls for proposals, published in Non-EU partner countries.