An overwhelming number of proposals
(around 150) has been submitted and examined. Due to the huge interest
and the limited number of session opportunities, a significant majority
of proposals can unfortunately not be realised. The selection focused
mainly on the contribution to the aims of this specific conference –
exchange of best practices in science communication towards the public
and the media.
Please note that the offer to host “participants’ forum”
events was addressed to potential participants of the conference. The
decision to come to the conference should therefore not depend on the
acceptance of a forum proposal.
deadline for the submission of proposals has expired.)
- Participants of the conference “Communication European Research
2005” are invited to propose the organisation of their own
events - such as workshops, round tables and network meetings
- within the framework of the conference.
- Conference rooms will be provided, and events can take place on
either day of the conference. All events will be announced in the
final programme as well as on the conference web site.
- Participants willing to organise an event are invited to submit
a proposal to Research DG using the enclosed form.
- Proposals supporting best the mission of the conference (“Communicating
European Research”) will be given preference. The main
selection criteria are:
- potential interest to the participants of the
- relevance to the overall objective of the conference:
communicating European research or management of research projects.
- the participants of each forum event (speakers, panellists,
moderators) should reflect a European dimension
(i.e. a selection of personalities from different European countries)
and/or international dimension.
- originality of networking events.
- Information on forum events of last year's CER 2004 conference can
be found at