Forum-have your say
An Internet forum has been opened to encourage a useful
and positive interactive dialogue that will both raise questions
for debate at the conference and also allow different opinions
to be stated. The European
Group on Life Sciences will ensure that the debate is
open to all - from governmental and non-governmental organisations,
policy makers to the general public, with a particular emphasis
on the younger generation.
How can Life Sciences and biotechnologies help
the agriculture of developing countries to meet its challenges?
To help people understand the context of the conference
and the interactive forum, a background
paper has been prepared. You can exchange views and
- How can Life Sciences contribute to the production of
food under marginal conditions?
- How could Life Sciences improve the economic viability
of food productions systems?
- What could Life Sciences do to improve the health and
nutrition of the poor without compromising food safety
and the environment?
- How can Life Sciences contribute to income generation
in particular by creating new markets, in developing countries?
- How can developing countries become “actors”
in the Genome Revolution?
- How can Life Sciences contribute to a reduction in
the use of pesticides?
- How can Life Sciences provide added value from agrobiodiversity?
If you want to know more, or participate in another interactive
dialogue in this field, the Food and Agriculture Organisation
has set up a ‘Biotech’
IMPORTANT: When submitting messages, participants
to the forum are requested to try and ensure that their
views address some of the above elements, and do not exceed
Before sending a message, they should have
a look at the rules of the forum and the guidelines for
participation in the E-mail Conferences. These were provided
when joining the forum, and they can also be found on the