The Bioeconomy Stakeholders Panel
Set by the EU's Bioeconomy Strategy, the Panel aims to support interactions between different policy areas, sectors and stakeholders in the bioeconomy – leading to tangible policy actions.
Because the bioeconomy is made up of many different sectors, it is difficult for one single expert or organisation to have a complete overview. The Bioeconomy Stakeholders Panel meets that challenge by bringing together, in one group, people with different stakeholder perspectives.
Originally set up in 2013, the membership of the Panel was renewed in 2016 to strengthen the diversity in stakeholders' representation.
The Panel has 29 members 184 KB , carefully selected after an open call for applications. They represent different groups: business and primary producers, policy-makers and public administrations, scientists and researchers and civil society organisations.
Here you will find the short biographies 1004 KB of our Panel members
The members of the Stakeholders Panel, in its new configuration, have been appointed for a two year period, from 2016 to 2018 with a possibility of renewal.
The Panel is expected to meet several times per year. The first meeting under its renewed membership was held on 17 June 2016, the second one took place in Brussels on 13 September 2016.
The 3rd panel meeting took place on November 10 2016 in Brussels and the 4th is scheduled for 17 January 2017.
- 1st Bioeconomy Stakeholders Panel Newsletter, 17 June 2016 2.8 MB
- 2nd Bioeconomy Stakeholders Panel Newsletter, 13 September 2016 2.1 MB
- 3rd Bioeconomy Stakeholders Panel Newsletter, 10 November 2016 2.6 MB
- 4th Bioeconomy Stakeholders Panel Newsletter, 17 January 2017 2.9 MB
- 5th Bioeconomy Stakeholders Panel Newsletter, 30 March 2017 2.3 MB
Building blocks for a European Bioeconomy Stakeholders Manifesto
In April 2016 the 4th Bioeconomy Stakeholders conference took place in Utrecht, the Netherlands under the auspices of the Dutch Presidency. At this conference the participants decided on the building blocks for a European Bioeconomy Stakeholders Manifesto.
- Summary of 1st meeting, 17 September 2013 198 KB
- Summary of 2nd meeting, 12-13 February 2014 212 KB
- Summary of the 3rd meeting, 10-11 September 2014 181 KB
- Summary of the 4th meeting, 11-12 March 2015 173 KB
The previous Panel has written two issues papers:
- Biomass supply
- Market-making in the bioeconomy
The Panel's work on market-making in the bioeconomy is accompanied by a collection of 13 case studies [ 2 MB] which illustrate many of the issues raised in the paper.
Both papers are published in a document called “Where next for the Bioeconomy? [ 5 MB]”.
- The Bioeconomy Strategy
- Food 2030
- Blue Growth - the EU’s integrated Maritime Strategy
- Bio-based products and processing
- The Bioeconomy Observatory - mapping the impact and monitoring the progress of the bioeconomy in Europe
- The Bioeconomy Panel - an advisory body to give policy guidance
- Consultative Groups - contributing to the EU's research policy
- Joint Programming Initiatives - supporting the implementation of the European Research Area