The EU-funded project INSPIRATION aims to develop a European research roadmap on sustainable land management practices.
What is the bioeconomy?
The bioeconomy comprises those parts of the economy that use renewable biological resources from land and sea – such as crops, forests, fish, animals and micro-organisms – to produce food, materials and energy. Read more...
Atlantic seabed mapping launched
The Canadian icebreaker CCGS Louis S. St-Laurent starts today (22nd of July) a six-week expedition in the Arctic Ocean with the participation of the European Commission.
The ship will sail from Dartmouth (Nova Scotia) to Tromsø, Norway.
On the voyage between Canada and Norway, the Canadian Hydrographic Service will carry out a seabed-mapping expedition under the Atlantic Ocean Research Alliance .
This is the fifth expedition, involving Canada, the European Union and the United States as part of the Galway Statement Implementation activities signed in May 2013 between Canada, the United States and the European Union.
Renewed Bioeconomy Stakeholders Panel meets for the first time.
The renewed Bioeconomy Stakeholders Panel met for the first time.
High on the agenda: the launching of the work on the Manifesto on sustainable European Bioeconomy
Read the newsletter of the meeting to find out more.
The panel’s composition has just been renewed and the new members have started their regular meetings to support the European Commission.
Save the date – High level conference FOOD 2030 Research and Innovation for Tomorrow's Nutrition and Food Systems - Brussels 12-13 October 2016
Organised by the European Commission DG for Research and Innovation, the conference will help frame the food and nutrition security challenge in Europe and also in a global context. The conference includes a number of pre-event workshops, on the 12th, and the exhibition "Food village" that can be visited until 13 October 3:00 pm.
The plenary of the FOOD2030 High Level Conference will take place on the 13th of October.
More information available soon on this website.
The FOOD 2030 conference will showcase innovative technologies and initiatives.
It aims to be a platform for dialogue to build on the political momentum for a coherent research and innovation policy framework for Food and Nutrition Security.
- Join the 21-22 September EU-India Science Technology and Innovation Cooperation Days.
This year’s edition focuses on bioeconomy, including marine and maritime research, to maximize future scientific and business collaboration in this field .
- Discover the "2014-2015 Blue growth and Sustainable Food security Projects – Societal Challenge 2" brochure
- Discover the "Ocean of Tomorrow projects (2010-2013) – What results so far for healthy and productive seas and oceans" brochure
- Discover the "Overview of FP7 (KBBE) and H2020 (Societal Challenge 2) projects related to the Algae Bio refineries sector" brochure.
- Join the debate on environmental, investment and policy opportunities of the Bioeconomy, as part of the Circular Economy. Register for “ Innovating towards resource efficiency, jobs and growth” , 21 June, Brussels.
Follow "Innovation Union"