Open Symposium with presentation of the main results of the TRACK_FAST project
Come and join the Open Symposium with presentation of the main results of the TRACK_FAST project on 29.01.201 in NH Hotel du Grand Sablon – Brussels.
TRACK_FAST is an EU funded support action, whose main objective is the “Identification of the training and career requirements of future European food scientists and technologists (FST), and implementation of a European strategy to recruit the next generation FST leaders” (www.trackfast.eu).
The symposium will bring together food industry representatives, training and higher education institutions and policy makers. The meeting will present the results achieved by TRACK_FAST and outline the recommendations for the future:
- Who are the food professionals in Europe: their personal motivations, career paths and working conditions? The result of a Pan-European survey to 3000+ professionals
- What skills are needed by the industry? The result of a consultation with more than 300 professionals in SMEs, large companies, research and government
- How can a professional move forward in his career and meet the needs of his employer? The continual professional development portfolio for the Food and Drink professional
- Should the professionals be certified? What are the benefits for the industry (especially SMEs) and the professionals? The proposal on Certified Food Safety professional and the Certified New Product Development professional
- How can young people be recruited to the Food and Drink Industry? Suggestions for actions to attract motivated students.
- What is the role of the different stakeholders in defining the future of the sector and the people working within?
Here is a draft programme of the symposium:
12.30 Welcome Sandwich Buffet
14.00 Welcome by Cristina Silva,
Coordinator of Track_Fast, Biotechnology College, Porto Regional Center of Portuguese Catholic University, Portugal
14.10 Opening address by Antonio Di Giulio(to be confirmed)
Acting Director, Directorate for Biotechnology, Agriculture, Food, Directorate-General Research and Innovation, European Commission
14.30 Track_Fast Main Achievements
- Katherine Flynn
The European Association for Food Safety - The SAFE Consortium, Belgium
- Rui Costa
Department of Food Science and Technology, Polytechnic Institute of Coimbra, Portugal
- Peter Ho
School of Food Science and Nutrition, University of Leeds, United Kingdom
- Huub Lelieveld
European Federation of Food Science and Technology (EFFoST), Netherlands
15.00 “THE NEW FOOD & DRINK PROFESSIONAL: Industry Growth by Focusing on People” by Mafalda Quintas
Biotechnology College, Porto Regional Center of Portuguese Catholic University, Portugal
15.15 Coffee break
15.45 Roundtable discussion
Representatives from industry, professionals, policy making and of TRACK_FAST consortium
You want to participate ? Registration is free to any interested stakeholder but limited seats are available.
Sign up today to confirm your place!
Pre-register by sending a message to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, profession and company/institution name and wait for our confirmation reply.