EurOCEAN 2014 programme now online
The programme of the EurOCEAN 2014 Conference is now available for download .
An official event of the Italian EU Presidency, EurOCEAN 2014 is a valuable opportunity for interaction and exchange between European marine and maritime research actors, stakeholders, policy makers and programme managers.
The conference will identify future research priorities in support of blue growth, human health and wellbeing and sustainable management of coastal seas and oceans.
With a varied and stimulating programme running over two and a half days, EurOCEAN 2014 includes:
- Keynote horizon-scanning presentations from leading European and international scientists;
- Focused discussion sessions on societal, policy and regional challenges including Seas and Ocean Resources, Blue Growth, Good Environmental Status and Oceans and Human Health;
- Dialogue on capacity building and research infrastructures, including a special session on the European Ocean Observing System dedicated to the memory of Kostas Nittis;
- A Mediterranean Roundtable, side events and an open panel discussion moderated by Quentin Cooper, BBC Radio 4 Science presenter;
- Identification of emerging challenges and opportunities in Seas and OCeans research and adoption of a "Rome Declaration"
Registration for EurOCEAN 2014 is open until 30 September 2014.
For further information, visit the EurOCEAN 2014 website.
For specific enquiries, you can contact the organizing committee by email: email@example.com