Agricultural Knowledge Systems in Transition: Towards a more effective and efficient support of Learning and Innovation Networks for Sustainable Agriculture
Project Acronym: SOLINSA
Title of project: Agricultural Knowledge Systems in Transition: Towards a more effective and efficient support of Learning and Innovation Networks for Sustainable Agriculture
Project Call Identifier: FP7-KBBE-2010-4
Project Number: 266306
Project Officer (DG/Dir/Unit): RTD/E/04
The overall objective of this project is to identify effective and efficient approaches for the support of successful LINSA (Learning and Innovation Networks for Sustainable Agriculture) as drivers of transition towards Agricultural Innovation Systems for sustainable agriculture and rural development.
In order to achieve this objective the project will:
• Explore LINSAs empirically as bottom-up drivers of transition
• Improve understanding of barriers to complex learning processes and developing recommendations on how to avoid / remove them
• Create open learning spaces for actors outside the project by sharing and disseminating project findings
• Identify institutional determinants that enable or constrain existing AKS in supporting effective LINSA in the context of changing knowledge and innovation policies
• Develop a conceptual framework for innovation for sustainable agriculture and rural development.
The study will be carried out in 3 fields: a) consumer oriented networks ( b) non-food oriented networks and c) purely agricultural networks or networks for sustainable land use
• Contributing to more effective research-practice linkages in the complex innovation and value chains.
• Contributing to a policy framework for innovation in agriculture"
Contact Person: Beat Droll
Project Officer: Hans-Joerg LUTZEYER