This Concerted Action aims at contributing to the building of a European Research Area (ERA) on fisheries and aquaculture, and supporting the Common Fisheries Policy (CFP). The main objectives are to enable the coordination and integration of research programmes and infrastructure uses in these fields.
Through this Concerted Action, between the directors of fisheries research organisations in the European Union, it is proposed to contribute to organising and coordinating research programmes and facilities to support the Common Fisheries Policy. This will be done through thematic workshops dedicated to the expertise on the state-of-the-art and the recommendation for future research programmes to be implemented at EU level.
Progress to Date
Two thematic workshops have been realised, one on 'Structuring the ERA in the Fields of Fisheries and Aquaculture by Common Answer to the FP6 Programme' and the other on 'Database for Fisheries Management'. One general meeting of the European Fisheries and Aquaculture Organisations (EFARO) has been organised by Mutfis ARE about the 'Management of Fisheries Resources and Scientific Advices under the new CFP'.
The organisation for building common answers was successful and helped in the common coordination of multiple projects at the EU level.
Two Eranet projects were proposed to enhance the structure of research in the Mediterranean area (Cofimed) and to increase collaboration with other research in marine science (Marinera).
New candidate countries will be included as partners from 01/01/2004.
CAP AND RURAL DEVELOPMENT, FISHERIES AND AQUACULTURE
Scientist responsible for the project
Science Director MAURICE HERAL
Rue Jean Jacques Rousseau, 155
France - FR
Phone: +33 1 46 48 22 80
Fax: +33 1 46 48 22 48
||INSTITUT FRANÇAIS DE RECHERCHE POUR L'EXPLOITATION DE LA MER
||10 January 2002
||550 000 €
|Total EC contribution
||550 000 €
|Web address of the project
- BUNDESFORSCHUNGSANSTALT FÜR FISCHEREI, Germany - DE
- FISHERIES RESEARCH SERVICES (FRS), Austria - AT
- DANISH INSTITUTE FOR FISHERIES RESEARCH, Denmark - DK
- THE MARINE INSTITUTE, Ireland - IE
- INSTITUT OF MARINE RESEARCH, Norway - NO
- HELLENIC CENTRE FOR MARINE RESEARCH, Greece - GR
- INSTITUTO ESPANOL DE OCEANOGRAFIA, Spain - ES
- NATIONAL BOARD OF FISHERIES, Austria - AT
- INSTITUTO DE INVESTIGAÇÃO DAS PESCAS E DO MAR (IPIMAR), Portugal - PT
- SEA FISHERIES DEPARTEMENT - CLO, Belgium - BE
- CENTRAL INSTITUTE FOR APPLIED MARINE RESEARCH (ICRAM), Italy - IT
- MARINE RESEARCH INSTITUTE, Iceland - IS
- FINNISH GAME AND FISHERIES RESEARCH, Finland - FI
- SEA FISHERIES INSTITUTE, Poland - PL
- NETHERLANDS INSTITUTE FOR FISHERIES RESEARCH, Netherlands (The) - NL
- CENTRE FOR ENVIRONMENT, FISHERIES AND AQUACULTURE SCIENCE (CEFAS), Austria - AT