Communication on Interreg III C
PDF files - 85 KB: ES, DA,
INTERREG IIIC should encourage regional and other public authorities,
whether eligible for Structural Funds support or not, to view interregional
co-operation as a means of enhancing their development through access
to the experiences of others. In this way, the added value of the individual
Structural Fund interventions in the different regions can be expanded
The five topics for interregional co-operation for 2000-2006 are as follows:
- exchange of experience on activities supported under Objectives 1
- exchange of experience on crossborder and transnational activities;
- urban development;
- topics covered by new innovative actions;
- other subjects appropriate to interregional co-operation.
Three types of scheme are envisaged under Interreg III C:
- mini cooperation programmes (Regional framework operations) to carry
out several projects;
- cooperation to carry out indiviual projects in a particular sector;
- networks for sharing experience and transferring know-how.
All regions of the Union are eligible for Interreg III C. Regions in
non-member countries, more particularly the applicant countries, are also
being invited to take part through other Community financial support instruments.